Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine oil inside air intake hose

Hello,

I took off my air intake hose off the other day from the air filter side, and there's fresh clean engine oil inside of it. The oil is not so much that it's dripping, but the inside of the hose is all coated with oil. It's not normal to have engine oil inside the intake hose is it? Where does it come from?

There's also oil around the valve cover seam and under the distributor.

change your pcv valve...its like 3 bucks at autozone...

Comment

i did that, I had/have that problem as well, i think it's the distributor seal. check under your distrib cap and see if fresh oil is comming out, put your finger under it, that's where it is on mine and that's the prob.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcastninja
        i did that, I had/have that problem as well, i think it's the distributor seal. check under your distrib cap and see if fresh oil is comming out, put your finger under it, that's where it is on mine and that's the prob.
        yes, I do have fresh oil under the distributor, and around the valve cover seam, too. But how did it get into the intake hose? Should I replace the valve cover and distributor gaskets?

BTW, the I checked the PCV valve and the plunger moved freely.
        Last edited by kruiser; 08-25-2005, 11:32 AM.

Comment

first I replaced my valve cover gasket because I didn't know... ithat didn't fix it tho

check your spark plugs, see if there's oil on them, there should be if it's getting into the intake, what is happening is the oil is getting all inside and the vaccume line into your intake sucks up oil since it's leaking in places it shouldn't be...
          distributor seal SHOULD be easy to replace, im gonna do it soon when I get some extra money, BUT you have to retime it once you take off the distributor, my neighbor can do that for me, so hopefully this won't be a job you take to the shop, find the gasket or whatever and then find someone with a timing light and you'll be set.

Comment

Working...
          X