boost gauge trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boost gauge trouble

I split my manifold vacuume line but the normal nylon cable it came with isn't long enough...i have 2 of them, how in the world do i join 2 of the plastic tube things together so it doesn't leak?

Just buy a longer tube.

Comment

where? pep boys had the 72 inch tube, i need twice that.

Comment

Lowe's? Home Depot?

Comment

they sell nylon (looks plastic tho but i guess it's not) tubing in that size? seriously? what dept would it be in? what would they normally sell it for in terms of use?

Comment

It's worth a try. Just bring some tubing with you and show them what you need. Might be in the gardening dept.

Comment

true, i do have two 72inch lengths though, is it possible to melt nylon tube together?
              lol

Comment

Not a good idea.

If they don't have the tubing, buy a proper size fitting to attach the two tubes together.

Comment

stewart warner p/n 114841
                  16' nylon tubing kit with fittings

Comment

There you go.

Comment

thanks, do you know the size of the tubing for boost gauges? i dont have the proper connectors. A 10 dollar box of hundreds of connectors and NONE are the proper size. lol

Comment

i dunno bout your gauge, but the stewart warner ones come with a 1/8" NPT fitting and 1/4" NPT adaptor

Comment

i have the 1/8 inch tube same size tube

but i need the connectors to fit the two 1/8 inch tubes together
                          think pep boys will have them? i bought a giant ass assortment box from autozone and they didn't have any in there to fit, 10 bucks wasted

Comment

I bought vacuum lines from Ace Hardware and fittings from their plumbing department.

Comment

i just need 1/8inch fittings to connect the two together... prolly try autozone quickly tomorrow again to see if they have it, if not I can always figure something out i dunno maybe pep boys then if that doesn't work i'll try home depot. they are furthest from me and i have no time, sat i have a day off but im going to the junkyard to get a manifold so my boy can weld the flange to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X