92hp 1.5 + 200hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92hp 1.5 + 200hp

i want this. it would be good for both the 1.5 and 1.8 engines, or any engine. pretty in-expensive too.

Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

What hp could the z5 engine withstand before breaking apart? Wouldn't you need to replace/strengthen some parts of the z5 before using this?
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

turbo is going to be bad enough on my engine , i wouldn't ever mess with nos... unstable

Comment

one or two 200 shots will blow the motor .... so I guess you can enjoy the quick-lived glory

Comment

and then be out of a car...

i'd rather do a turbo on my 1.5L (which im ALMOST going to do, fuel pump is on the way) then it's just pipe and oil lines...

turbo causes wear, but not all at once...

with a turbo my car could last five or six years! by then i'll have something new probably

with nos... BOOM BOOM CLUNK! you're done in 30 seconds! lol

Comment

id use it if i were trying to blow my engine and i was gonna do an engine swap haha....

Comment

Ok lets get one thing straight. Don't assume that a turbo car will last you 5-6 years. How many miles are on your car strutman? You got the Z5 right? If you had the BP, then five years maybe possible. But if your doing forced induction into the Z5, its TOTALLY unpredictable in how long it will last. And the bottom end of the motor is pretty stout from what i've been hearing, but the head. Let's not get started with that . You will probably encounter compression loss. And you will need to do ALOT of tuning to get the best reliability. All in all, the Z5 turbo project is more of a trial and error thing because we just don't know how it will withstand forced induction. I believe 95Pro is doing the BP swap righT? If thats the case, he might be able to withstand 100 shot of nitrous along with a turbo... thats if he's doing a turbo. Of course he'll have to rebuild the motor with forged pistons and other goodies. So if you really want your car to last you a few years with the turbo, you will need to be conservative. That means running relatively low boost. Don't get all boost happy and push the car to 8-9 psi, cause it probably won't survive the day. Keep it relatively low.. like 6 psi? I consider that more of an ideal psi and when I do get a turbo.... which will be years to come, it will be no more than 8 on that BP I have.

Of course all of this is my 2 cebts
              Last edited by Torped0; 11-30-2005, 07:47 PM.
              Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

8psi shouldn't be a problem on a z5 or bp in good condition. I have run mine for more than three weeks time with 10psi on stock internals and havn't had a problem with it yet. I would say that the bp is probably going to outlast a z5 if they were both turboed but depending on your budget I see no problem with just running a turbo on the z5. I don't think that their is a chance in hell the engine would last you another 5-6 years but it should last quite a while if you take care of it. I wouldn't think about shooting NOS into a z5. A turbo gradually increases HP but NOS is instant horsepower and 200hp would blow a rod right through the block on the first shot. The rods in the z5 are not that strong. I would say any more than 200hp total would damage the bottom end.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

well torpedo why don't we put your z5 back in your car and blow it up seeming youd get more done that way cause it don't like like your bp is working out so i think my car will run longer than yours anyways since yours doesn't run lol

Comment

Oh Hell No! My ECU is bad and some wires are BURNT but all thats being solved! My car is closer to running than yours cause I'm buying the ECU on Friday!
                    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

well maybe not 5 or 6 years... but wha ti was gtting at is a properlly installed turbo woint kill a car in a day like nos could.

Comment

The GTX/GTR motors are set at ~9psi from the factory and run for many many years at that boost and power level.

There are many factory turboed cars that will last if well taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                          id use it if i were trying to blow my engine and i was gonna do an engine swap haha....
                          i have that idea, that's why i posted this. i might try and get this kit in january and run a 50-100 shot on the z5.

if i had the bp complete and every single detail taken care of, and it was ready to be swapped in - i'd definitely do a 200shot of nitrous on the z5.

this post was made giving the thought of letting people know of a great direct port nitrous system. and also of the thought i giving then 2gen community an alternative to more power.
                          Last edited by 95pro; 12-01-2005, 11:01 AM.
                          Almost there

jdm tails... check
                          jdm bumper... check
                          ms lip... check
                          ms grill... check
                          ms sideskirts... check
                          ms rear skirts... check
                          ms spoiler... check
                          ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by strutman
                            well maybe not 5 or 6 years... but wha ti was gtting at is a properlly installed turbo woint kill a car in a day like nos could.

ummmm....
                            a properly installed nitrous kit will not kill your engine in a day.

oh btw nos is a brand name, so say nitrous NOT nos!
                            Almost there

jdm tails... check
                            jdm bumper... check
                            ms lip... check
                            ms grill... check
                            ms sideskirts... check
                            ms rear skirts... check
                            ms spoiler... check
                            ms struts... check

Comment

zex foo!

Comment

Working...
                              X