Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and to all of this nonsense, all I have to say is this: "KABOOM!!!!"

Comment

Damn right! Anything more than a 50 shot through a stock Z5 will probably kill it in the first few sniffs. Properly installed or not.

Look at it his way, a 50 shot gives almost half the stock output of the Z5. How many times do you figure the engine will withstand a 50% increase in power applied over a fraction of a second?

I would guess your only chance of making more than a 50 shot work reliably in a Z5 is with a top end nitrous kit that allows you to program it's application to come on very gradually. Very.

Nitrous is not for me anyhow; It's illegal on the streets in Ontario.
      1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

yea it's illegal here too, they find it in your car... BOOM impound.

Comment

There are other systems by zex and venom that let you do 25 hp increments. That's not as bad. Also there are the progressive systems like you said that are always on, and are computer controlled to increase nitrous imput under heavier driving conditions. You don't have to shoot all that horse power into the engine all at once. Also direct port might not be the best install on a z5 if you don't want to upgrade any engine components. I think the best on your engine would be an install through the air intake with one of the lesser powerful kits available.

Up in CT Nitrous is legal, speeding is whats illegal.

Comment

i've had my turbo for over a year now, and when i start in the mornings i have blue smoke coming out my tailpipe.. seals i imagine, and my z only has 116km's on it.. dunno the miles equivelant....
            98 Protege SE
            -------------------
            1.5L Turbo

Comment

Working...
            X