fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pump

pep boys has a carter fuel pump for my car? ist hat an aftermarket high flow or a regular?

also is there any diffrence in the 1.8 fuel pump compared to the 1.5? are they different? Will it fit in my car? etc etc. i need to get a pump from pep boys that will flow high enough for the turbo and work with my car.

basically, what other cars fuel pump can i buy that is a direct fit for mine that will flow much better for the turbo?

Comment

I already told you which one is a direct bolt in.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

well i've decided to go with an inline fuel pump AND leave my stock pump in and just wire them to turn on at the same time.

Comment

anyone know how big the fuel line is under the hood so I know what size to get?

Comment

why? what would/could go wrong?

Comment

I may be wrong at this, but this is how i see and inline fuel pump causing problems.

Just picture one straight line with a tank of whatever at the end. right at the tank you have a pump, just for numbers, say it flows(and this is just coming out of my arse) 10 Litres an hour....okay, so its 10 LPH...then further down, you add another one in, but its aftermarket so it flows more, say 15LPH...now, that second one has to suck and extra 5 LPH through the first pump, but that could be difficult to do, and will probably damage the first pump. if it cant pull that extra 5lph through the pump, then it will start to create a vacuum between the two pumps, and that defeats the purpose of youwanting two pumps.

Or perhaps it flows the same rate...now that wont do anything at all except create a restriction in the lines...and hopefully you would be able to stay away from ones that flow less, because that would be pointless in a whole new way of thinking.

Hopefully i made some sense and was accurate at the same time =)

Mods:
              JDM Headlights + Corners
              JDM Tailights
              1st Gen LX Black Wheels
              Shaved Side Mouldings
              Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
              Cone Filter
              KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
              E-Bay front strut bar
              Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
              40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
              and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Hey man, just spend 99 dollars to get an aftermarket one that is nice. The Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump made for the RX7 is a direct fit. If you want to spend even MORE money, go get the Venom Fuel Pump made for our car. You have options so don't slack off during a delicate process. If Edwin says it is disaster, take his advice literally. He does know what he's talking about. I have a Walbro fuel pump and its sitting in my car... waiting to be cranked up for other reasons haha.

Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump on Ebay : $99+
                Venom SUPER COOL Hi-Performance Electric Fuel Pump : $166+

Again, those are two options for a TURBO project. Hopefully you'll learn to heed the advice of members on this forum because we are here to help, not to hurt you. That's why your here
                Last edited by Torped0; 12-06-2005, 09:59 AM.
                Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

the rx7 one from what year is a direct fit? I'd like to buy it today. I couldn't find it on the forums with the beloved search function. lol

Comment

i checked the threads but the ebay link is inactive so i cant tell what year rx7 to get the pump for.

Comment

The link maybe inactive but its listed. Search again. I can't remember off the top of my head.
                      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

i've already answered your question. quit making excuses. quit being lazy and do some searching. quit being cheap and buy the freakin fuel pump from walboro.

i've already answered your question in another thread you started.
                        Last edited by 95pro; 12-06-2005, 10:14 AM.
                        Almost there

jdm tails... check
                        jdm bumper... check
                        ms lip... check
                        ms grill... check
                        ms sideskirts... check
                        ms rear skirts... check
                        ms spoiler... check
                        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
                          i've already answered your question. quit making excuses. quit being lazy and do some searching. quit being cheap and buy the freakin fuel pump from walboro.

i've already answered your question in another thread you started.
                          i thought it was just me, i could've sworn there was a thread like this already.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                          Mods:
                          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

so what year is the first gen rx7 fuel pump? what years does this cover so i know wtf to order. nobody will tell me.

Comment

btw. the pump I used is for the 1st gen RX-7 ...

the plug was a direct fit.
                              Fuel Pump Model: GSS341

*Kit Model: 400-850

I found those just by following the link 95pro gave, i guess you just missed it.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                              Mods:
                              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Working...
                              X