One last question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last question

ok guys sorry to bug you all again but i just dont know what to do, i have another thread about my car and what happened to it but to refresh everyones memory's here is what i did and what happend to my car: Put some oil in it because it was low then i started the car let it warm up and then it started billowing pure white smoke. along with shooting oil out of my muffler, muffler is drenched in oil and where my car was at the time i have 2 huge oil puddles undernieth it also when revving it would go to 4k and pretty much acted liek 4k was redline wouldint go to far past it. Now i have moved the protege and when i parked it (was still running) i noticed from being ran for just about 2 minutes that it was already starting to leak oil again....and there was even more fresh oil in the muffler.

Well to update this i havent really been able to check out my car so it has just been sitting which sucks, but its gonna be awhile before i do go ahead and get a BP and install it and im thinking about selling the SVT although i dont want to i may have to. i just want to know for sure that this problem is either my head gasket or seals....and is this worth fixing?? or would it just be cheaper to just sell it although a barely running protege cant go for far to much

thanks for any more help i really appreicate all you guys here and really respect all of you, so thanks

if u sell the car with a blown motor ur gonna get less than a grand for it...
    do a leakdown test to be 100% sure what blew, but from ur description im 99.9% sure its ur head gasket

dont fix your piece of **** Z5, i think out of all of the Z5's every made... ever
    yours is the ****tiest... lol

sadly, it depends what you want
    the SVT is a better car in every way... dont sell it

if you MUST sell one, sell the protege
    try to keep it tho, $2000.00 approx and you could have it running again and reliable (engine wise)

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
      if u sell the car with a blown motor ur gonna get less than a grand for it...
      do a leakdown test to be 100% sure what blew, but from ur description im 99.9% sure its ur head gasket

dont fix your piece of **** Z5, i think out of all of the Z5's every made... ever
      yours is the ****tiest... lol

sadly, it depends what you want
      the SVT is a better car in every way... dont sell it

if you MUST sell one, sell the protege
      try to keep it tho, $2000.00 approx and you could have it running again and reliable (engine wise)
      Yeh true if it ran i could get like maybe 2 possibly 2,500 if it ran IF that so not running i could just imagine lol, and ill try that leakdown test but im fairly sure it is my head gasket.

And thanks pigeon! lol but i totally agree with you on that as well mine deff aint the best Z5 out there..........

and selling the SVT isint a must anymore i thought i would have to sell it but turns out i dont need to so i am going to keep the SVT

Selling it isint really an option for me so i could never do it as you and other saw in my last thread i said i couldint and wouldint, my pro was my first car and most reliable has only left me on the side of the raod once and i still got her home haha so yeh im going to keep her i just wanted to know if it was for sure the head or seals and if it was worth fixing but if i find a cheap BP i will buy it and if not then i will get the Z5 running again. Though i must say before it went it ran rather well only prob was the low compression and rough idle but everything else was fine.

thanks pigeon!

Comment

time for a v6 swap. anyone else agree?
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Yeh TheMAN said it very well lol im in the military people think we make alot but we really dont so im really not wanting to do that at all. but we will see ill check around and see what i can find and hopefully here shortly my pro will live again!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
            are you going to pay for his swap?
            you should use common sense too! of course i'm not going to pay his swap. duhh!
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Lol!

But yeah, if you can find a complete B6-ZE, go for it. Since you have another car, you can still get around if you run into a few snags.

I remember someone trying to get rid of B6-ZE just a little while ago? Maybe something to look into..

Good luck with whatever you decide.
              1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Matt fulghum has a b6-ze that he was trying to give away. He offered it to me if I paid shipping from the east coast but I just put a new engine in.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

I actually took him up and picked it up personally....it was only the SOHC and i assume we cant use that version...we need the DOHC that was in the early miata's and later MX-3s

Mods:
                  JDM Headlights + Corners
                  JDM Tailights
                  1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                  Shaved Side Mouldings
                  Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                  Cone Filter
                  KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                  E-Bay front strut bar
                  Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                  40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                  and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'