Auto tranny question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto tranny question

ok lets start out by me filling you in on the details. I have a 95 scort gt, with the 1.8L mazda engine in it. Its an auto tran obviously, I am a heavy equipment tech and know a lot about the engien side but the tran not so much. I replaced the idle air control valve and the drove the car home, when I got up the next day I decided to fo a reset on the comp, I did that then when I went to take her out for a road test the tran was stuck in 3rd gear. Never had any prior signs of slippage or poor shifting. I have since replaced the tranny oil/filter because it was getting pretty bad, but still got no change on the tranny gears after driving it. I have checked to ensure that all sensors are plugged in, did a diagnostic from the dlc, no codes. Anyone have any ideas? By the way I did do a line pressure test on the tran and it is ok in park, in drive/reverse though it seems a little low. I moved the throttle linkage back and forth to see if there was any affect on the pressure and there was none at all. Any ideas as to what could cause that problem?
Working...
X