bad motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad motor

I have a 1995 1.5 and it is leaking antifreeze into the third cylinder. I've gone threw two head gaskets and I had the head shaved but it still leaks. It doesnt look at all like the block is crack. If anyone would know what the hell is wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

If you had it shaved at a shop that can't do MLS gasket surfaces then that would cause leaks. Also a slim but possible cause is the idle air control valve has coolant running through it and if the gasket leaks then your engine will suck in coolant, but that would show coolant in all the cylinders.
    Last edited by Project Protoge; 03-02-2006, 07:35 PM.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

I thought also that the block might be warped but I dont know how that would have happend

Comment

buy a new engine.
        i got mine from JDM exhchange. very nice people
        400 bucks later and it runs smooth as can be...

no pics yet... had to have it towed home because i ddin't replace the alternator with my new one like a tard...lol

Comment

Not likely the block is warped but it does happen some times. How warped was the head when you had it shaved?

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

the head was only warped in one little spot right by the third cylinder.

Comment

swaping motors isnt realy an option cause I dont realy have the money to get a new motor. I was just hoping someone might know whats wrong and how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X