Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this thread was not asking for help, firelizard and others then volunteered their services to show me the error of my ways...they did not try to put the car down to make themselves feel big... i did not mess with the oil cooler on the last z5 or this z5 torp, the other z5 kept on leaking from the rear main seal, even after i replaced it, it was 180k miles among not knowing how well it was taken care of...

what might the right way to turbo a car be as opposed to the wrong way torp? please offer some insight and knowledge to help me instead of hassling me...

Comment

Originally posted by strutman
      not like i plan on keeping the car for more than 2 or 3 years.
      sell your car today and leave this forum.

...go help someone instead of talking trash about my car...
      atleast i'm trying to help you out.
      Almost there

jdm tails... check
      jdm bumper... check
      ms lip... check
      ms grill... check
      ms sideskirts... check
      ms rear skirts... check
      ms spoiler... check
      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

my comments were directed toward torped0 not you, you have been nothing but helpful...

Comment

Wow I'm hassling you eh? Ok I guess you can say I'm doing that. ANd I will hassle you no ore on this thread! Good luck with your Turbo . Whats funny is you are going to get rid of your car after 2-3 years? Who doyou think is going to buy that? LOL, not anyone I know, not even a used car dealership. Or any body who sees the car. The best value you'll get is by selling your car now which I'm not suggesting because I want more protege users. Other than that, take one mod at a time and spend the money for the quality. Anyways, good luck I say. I hope to see your car turbocharged real soon
          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

so torp. explain to me what is the correct way as opposed to the wrong way to turbocharge a vehicle, since you seem to know so much about it; help me out man. You say im going to turbo my car "wrong", so be helpful and explain the proper way.

Comment

talk to the big man project protege As i said, no use in me tryign to help you simply because you won't heed my advice.

Comment

in other words you don't know wtf you are talking about when it comes to turbo setups and you are trying to pretend like you are the all knowing...

project is the all knowing damn it!

anyway, you can correct me on some things, but don't pull **** out of your ass torped0... you got called on that one...be honest next time and don't pretend like you know it all...that's my job! hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

haha it is your job, thats why you came with that wonderful idea of an oil cooler setup and ****ed up your last motor. If you would read what people have done about turbocharging Z5s, then you would REALIZE that its not an easy task and for you, you want everything EASY. Same reason you ghetto rigged your damn hood scoop on the hood with 4 bolts and glue. I hate to say this, but go ahead and turbo your z5 so you can blow it up and we can laugh at you for being stupid.

Comment

"thats why you came with that wonderful idea of an oil cooler setup and ****ed up your last motor"

how many times do i have to tell you that i dind't bother with this after people's reccomendations...

why do you insist that i will blow up my z5? i don't see you driving around in a turbocharged protege? you must be an expert since you don't have one. you make sense!

Comment

Oh i forgot, your the real expert here. I mean damn you think of wonderful ideas that really work!! In fact, i'm going to buy a hood scoop and bolt it down with 4 bolts and glue..

You might be right, maybe you didnt do the Oil Cooler Trick. But last I remember you did something to your car that disrupted something. I guess illl really have to search for it
                      Last edited by Torped0; 03-29-2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Anyways.....

Lets just help him with his turbo project as he needs it. He's the only one who knows his plan so far, so don't get ahead of yourself bashing it.

Comment

My bad, it was the catch can thing cause you were complaining about it afterwards and then your motor suddenly stopped working

Comment

why do you insist that i will blow up my z5? i don't see you driving around in a turbocharged protege? you must be an expert since you don't have one. you make sense!
                            Now, I'm not defending either side here, but that does make sense. he knows what would go into turbocharging a Z5, all the custom work that would need to be done, on top of making sure the engine could handle the extra power. it wouldn't take an expert to know that it could be outside of ones budget

All of us here are just trying to help, and many just get aggrivated with the way you do things, and well, take the cheap way. Not that theres anything wrong with that, if it works for you, go for it. Just some of us couldn't picture doing the same things to our own cars. Stop telling people to 'get off their high horse' we just try to help you until you get aggrivated at one of us, or vice versa

Mods:
                            JDM Headlights + Corners
                            JDM Tailights
                            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                            Shaved Side Mouldings
                            Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                            Cone Filter
                            KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                            E-Bay front strut bar
                            Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                            40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                            and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

the catch can was because ht emotor was spitting oil everywhere anyway, the thing was shot, i was swapping it anyway eventually...

"I mean damn you think of wonderful ideas that really work!! In fact, i'm going to buy a hood scoop and bolt it down with 4 bolts and glue.."
                              well torped0... my hood scoop is better than yours...hahahaa...

sorry prowler, i know i don't contribute much to the community but i do demand that people speak to me with respect, yes it is a forum, yes it's impersonal... all the trolls come out on forums... yes i do things cheaply, but thats because im living outside of my means so to speak... i know a lot of **** i do is stupid, but I do it anyway, hell maybe i'll stop others from making my mistakes, in any case...i like what firelizard said...

torped0...i don't see you doing much of anything to your car because it's out of your budget, so don't get pissy with someone who tries, but tries half assed, it might be stupid, but thats me, i can be honest about things, i don't think things through...

with the turbo setup, I am smart enough to get help.
                              I've got a guy with a b18 crx that he built himself from a busted ass junkyard car that he runs at the track helping me, i've got a guy with a fully built srt-4 who runs over 25 lbs of boost at the richmond track helping me boost it...i've got a guy who goes drag racing with his v8 helping me who's been doing it for 20 years, among others...

I think that I have enough friends to tell me when i **** up in real life, i don't need you (torped0) to tell me some more...I am being smart about the turbo...I am having them help me fab things and the turbo b18 guy is going to help me... hell he built an LS/VTEC b18 running 12lbs of boost on low compression pistons... i think he knows a little something about engines and turbo setups, on civics anyway... if i run low boost the engine should be fine as long as it's hooked up in the proper fashion.

I may come off as a dumbass on the forum because all i do is post questions and stupid **** that I do... but i'm not as dumb as it appears torped0...

you may put down the turbo setup and give me told ya so's if/when it "blows up" but until then keep your mouth shut and be happy someone is out there for the protege's, we are few in numbers as it is, at least around here...

Comment

That's enough bashing for one thread. There's nothing more that needs to be said. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X