Possibly BP Swap having issues again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly BP Swap having issues again

Ok, I was on the phone with my dad and friend and they were going to take my car to the muffler shop because I thought the car would be good to go. Turns out the car is having issues again. Different issues, but issues none the less. The car had problems starting up this morning but it did crank. Then after it started to crank, they were on the way to the muffler shop when the car would hit 40 mphs and the car would begin to hestitae and run funny. Anyone got any suggestions? I talked to the dealership and the service guy said he THINKS the firing order is 1 -2-3-4. He said that off the top of his head. I also looked at our posts and it seems like everyone elses is 1-4-3-2. Any help would be appreciated because I would hate for me not to have my car because every extra day I get closer yet so far from a completed swap. I've been so excited this week that I was getting the car back today and now its having issues.

P.S. THe firing order may not be the only problem. So all suggestions would be great!

He also said that the car would idle real high when it started and would go down to normal idle and I think it was continuous.

BTW, i have this as new parts

Walbro 255 LPH
    a new Fuel Filter, Spark Plug, Wires, PCV Valve. I got alot of the tune-up stuff so I was thinking, could my MAF be at fault? Or even the timing? I woudlnt' think the timing would be bad because it is amotor with only 30k and it hasn't been touched to the best of my knowledge.
    Last edited by Torped0; 03-31-2006, 08:21 AM.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Yeah my car would do that When its cold hesistate to accelerate
    I also did the bp swap last december and it run good just let it warm up for about 15 min and check your aif flow meter
    The bp is nice i raced honda civic with an LS 1.8 dohc and beat him by a car
    Turbo soon!!!

Comment

Well right now the car is open headers, no cat or piping. Could the loss of backpressure be the cause of this? it is right now at the muffler shop getting it done, so I'll hope that is the problem....

Comment

Yeah thats a small problem
        I drove my car for 3 weeks open headers and it ran like ****
        once you put the piping and exaust on it will run alot smoother
        but at times it will act up until it has warm up
        do you have the right ecu?

Comment

Yes, I ordered it myself and the VIN number I got from the car was a 95 1.8l, perfect for what I needed. I have to wait until like 3 pm until the car is expected to be done. Then I'll pick up the car around 8 from the Muffler shop if they leave it outside for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Torped0
            Well right now the car is open headers, no cat or piping. Could the loss of backpressure be the cause of this? it is right now at the muffler shop getting it done, so I'll hope that is the problem....
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't say the word backpressure if you don't know what it really means, do a search.

Comment

Well I will know later if the exhaust was the problem. I checked up on the symptomms and I read the cat could be the problem but I don't know how true it is.

Comment

How can you NOT check the timing? If the distributor was removed/reinstalled you HAVE to check the timing with a timing light.

Firing order is 1-3-4-2.

Backpressure is when you're in prison and a big guy is pushing his manhood against your behind.

Comment

My friend did check the timing, but he sugested we check out the distributor when I get home. The muffler and all piping is now done so I will pick up the car in a few hours when I get home from work/school.

Comment

Well i'm now in a pissed off mood. My friend Shaun told me that my car would shake badly when we are slowing the car down and it made sounds when you turn. So i've been told its probably my CV axle. And now my car is on the side of the road and it won't start or so the guy says who's driving my car to the mechanic's shop. And they are going to leave it there, I don't know why my dad is leaving the car at the person's house rather than towing it like a smart person would. Cause if I find anything missing, my dad will undoubtly be replacing it.

Comment

"I don't know why my dad is leaving the car at the person's house rather than towing it like a smart person would"

i don't know what you are complaining about... i don't see you forking out the money to tow the vehicle?

Comment

LOL . I'm in another city you smart ass. And I pay for EVERYTHING i've ****ing done. So stfu. And seeing as how my car is worth more than your car + your future mods, I have something to worry about.
                        Last edited by Intruder; 03-31-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Oh ya, to prevent this thread from being closed, don't post in here Strutman unless you have useful information other than trying to be a smart ass.

Comment

hope you got it all worked out man.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                            Mods:
                            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Working...
                            X