Clear All

turbo oil in/out

I know this is a funny question...

can I use the
    oil in as oil out
    and the oil out as an oil in
    on my turbo

what will happen if I do?

also what happens if my oil feed comes from the bottom, and the drain is on the top (i assume this way means another blown turbo)

I'm just going to assume you are wasted. None of those ideas will work.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

ha io was just wondering...

see my problem is that i can not turn the exhaust or compressor housings because of the way the wastegate is setup. the oil inlet is on the bottom and the oil drain is on top, this can not be changed.

how can i get that setup to work?

Comment

also if something screws up with this garret, can i take my t3 wastegate and put it on my smaller turbo since the wastegate on that one is messed up? or will the t3 wastegate on a smaller turbo act differently?

Comment

No the current setup can't work, it will blow smoke right away. You will have to rework the manifold or get a different turbo. It is possible for the wastegate from the t3 to work on the smaller turbo but you will probably have to make a bracket to attach it to the smaller turbo.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

I have a custom bracket anyway. the smaller turbo does leak from the oil outlet, i can fix that by tightening it and stuff though, i will have to figure out the whole wastegate problem with the smaller turbo and fix that drain leak, which shouldn't be a big deal.

so with the t3, you are saying i should take it back to the junkyard since I have a 30 day warranty. tell them the seal is bad or something so I get my money back?

Comment

oh! this leads me to the reason why my smaller turbo was messed up in the first place. the smaller one is ideal, if the wastegate situation was solved.

you know the piece that the wastegate hooks to? the flapper piece that fits inside the circular hole in the stick on the wastegate (yes i dunno terms)

if that is straight up and down, wastegate is open right? no boost? if it is angled toward the wastegate, then that means it's closed, so boost occurs. am i correct? i think my car was getting zero boost when i had it hooked up because the wastegate was bolted on in such a way where that flap on the outside of the turbo was always straight up and down, which would mean the gate is open and not boosting. I need to put it in a location so it can point toward the wastegate so when the pressure builds up it pushes the little lever switch thing straight up and down in order to open the gate and stop or hold boost. am i correct? does this make sense. Could that be why i wasn't boosting, the gate was stuck open?

Comment

Epic thread is epic.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Freaking Matt, bumping one of the worst threads evar.
                  1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                    Freaking Matt, bumping one of the worst threads evar.
                    No ****. *hits closed button*
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                    X