i'll give ya a dollar if you're right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll give ya a dollar if you're right

alright folks where's the deal. i'm goin to burn this thing if i cant figure out whats up with it. i moved my car 10 feet to cut the grass under it. got in started as usual put it in reverse moved it straight back. cut car off put on brake got out. got back in not even 5 minutes later never even walked away from the car it wont start now. has good spark, is getting enough fuel hell it's got a fuel tank and i know it's pushin out of the injectors. it spins over and everything the mother f**ker just wont run. any ideas?
    Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

You owe me a dollar. Your timing belt broke.

Comment

lol no dice pulled cover and checked looks good as new no dry rot on it cracks or funky teeth.
      Jac and Jill went up the hill they planned to do some kissing, but Jac made a pass and grabbed Jills @$$ and now his front teeth are missing

Comment

I once took off the cover and no teeth looked bad but I did further testing and it had to be the belt. I then removed the whole belt and only the teeth at the bottom of the belt, where the crankshaft was, were worn away. They were completely torn off. The top of the belt actually looked good but probably not as good as you are saying yours looks. If it looks that good then it's probably not the timing belt.

Comment

ok

you see spark at the plug.

you see fuel. I think you need further diagnosis of fuel

spray in the spark plug holes with starting fluid.

If it runs for a moment then its fuel related. You can get fuel but not have complete pressure I had a volvo once I had a terrible time diagnosing that it ended up being a seperate injector pump.

ok and this is also the opposite advice. I have found cars that had spark and showed signs of being out of timing and it was not the timing belt but it as the cap, invisible cracks.
          Last edited by stamar; 09-02-2006, 02:19 AM.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
          :microwave

Comment

Originally posted by stamar
            ok

but it was the cap, invisible cracks.
            I had a crack in the distributor cap once that did the same thing to me. I replaced the cap and problem was gone. It can still be anything else, at this point. Just to confirm the timing belt, open the oil cap and look deep inside sideways and see if you see any movement. There should be movement there and at the distributor also. That's just to get the timing belt out of the way for sure.

Comment

alright i'll try that stuff out, i know it's not the belt though i turned the motor over enough to see the whole belt. i replaced the rotor button in the dist. cap thinkin it might be that but no dice. i'll try yalls stuff out though and post back.

Comment

ok the cap can look brand new and be bad

I honestly dont know how to diagnosis it

I have a dodge van with vibration pos american made v8

Out of nowhere it can chew the cap. Ive got to replace it about every 10-20k miles. always looks brand new.

Normally it chews it like when it runs out of gas. Or anything weird lol its on a vibration and its a large beast an engine like that.
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
                :microwave

Comment

Do you have spark at all the cylinders??
                  Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                  BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                  Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

fuel injectors

Comment

Working...
                    X