misfiring cylinder 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

misfiring cylinder 1

well I took my car to autozone and had CEL light code read and came up as Misfire in Cylinder #1 ....I installed new wires,distributor cap ,rotor button and Bosch +4 platinum plugs in February and just recently changed out the Bosch plugs for a set of NGK about 2 months ago because I was having the same problem ....what would be causing the misfiring ?

My Protege !

check the compression

Comment

check your resistance on your wires. do a cylinder balance test. make sure your prug gap is correct. do you have carbon buildup? that can cause it also.
      mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

do you clean the carbon buildup with some sort of cleaning additive ?

My Protege !

Comment

I recomend a product sold at napa called sea foam.

much more than any other sort of product that is sold for the purpose like techron or whatever.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
          :microwave

Comment

thanks , I will try it

My Protege !

Comment

ok follow the instructions on it. You can try through the gas tank but your trying to get a whole bunch at once to sit in the combustion chamber and sit for 20 minutes.

Like on the instructions.

Thats whats going to make the most difference. And keep in mind that if it is that bad even this isnt going to miracle make it disapear.

But it works. Nothing to lose. only at napa as far as major chains.

Comment

woah woah woah...nothing to lose? that dilutes your oil...make sure you CAREFULLY follow the instructions

Comment

there is no reason that your combustion chamber should leak into your oil.

Dont listen to whatever this person is saying it sounds weird to me.

do follow the instructions. The only thing a little more involved than techron is you are going to i think suck some through the pcv valve, shut the car off, then wait 20 minutes and start it.

It makes some smoky exhaust. you will notice a performance gain at the least lol it makes a difference for many cars.

If youre seriously seriously clogged you gotta take the throttle body off start scraping....
                  Last edited by stamar; 09-06-2006, 02:59 AM.

Comment

dude, wtf.. are you crazy?

don't shut the car off
                    it has to be running the whole time... and do not suck it through the pcv valve
                    find a vacuum port on the intake manifold

change the oil after you do this or die

Comment

Originally posted by pseudoracer
                      dude, wtf.. are you crazy?

don't shut the car off
                      it has to be running the whole time... and do not suck it through the pcv valve
                      find a vacuum port on the intake manifold

change the oil after you do this or die

what are you talking about?

follow these instructions. dont listen to people who have never used it and are probably talking about something else.

Comment

not the whole time according to the website stamar gave. at first, it is on... then off... then wait 5 mins to turn on.

Comment

You know I was going to say that i recently ran 8 oz of sea foam in my protege.

And my idle problem, the one thats in the z5 owners post here thread, went away.

I was going to say that. But then it came back. And then I did it again and it didnt go away.

So Ive decided my problem is that satan has possessed my car.

I do believe in this stuff. Theres no miracle going on. But when you know its dirt in the combustion chamber you are going to find that gallons of techron arent going to do a thing.
                          This is the real thing, this is the cheapest you as a consumer can get the real stuff they use in injector cleaning machines.
                          Last edited by stamar; 09-07-2006, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X