sqealing noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sqealing noise

i think its the belts, am i correct, it goes away, if so what should i do for it
    93 Nissan Nx2000 <commuter
    95 Nissan 300zx tt < my baby
    97 Protege lx Sold!!

tighten the belts....or if they are tight try belt dressing...if that dont work replace the belt....if that dont work the bearings in the pully may be gone and replace the pully....
    MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Find out if it's the belt that goes around the A/C compressor and power steering pump pulleys or the one that goes around the alternator and water pump pulleys. If it's the A/C pulley, you usually find out because when you turn the A/C on, a bit later the squealing starts.

Comment

wow i have that same problem..i figured it was the belt around the power steering.

Plans for the car: fix alignment, 16" rims (maybe), fix front end, fix trunk, new shocks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brokedwnprotege View Post
          wow i have that same problem..i figured it was the belt around the power steering.
          Well the belt around your power steering pump IS the one around your A/C compressor. Are you getting the problem more with the A/C turned on?

Comment

yezzir that's why i don't even bother turning it on anymore -_- thought my dad said that he was gonna fix it, but i guess he didn't

Plans for the car: fix alignment, 16" rims (maybe), fix front end, fix trunk, new shocks, etc.

Comment

Then my How-To should do the trick. It didn't do it immediately. I had to go through the squeaks for three more tries before I got the right amount of tightness for the nut. Also, please view the last post on that thread. I had to make a correction for a typo-mistake I made on that How-To.

Comment

aight then

Comment

hey make sure that is not ur alternator belt cause i had the same problem and the alternator belt came off while i was driving

Comment

You're not paying attention to the posts. He already stated that the sound kicks in when he turns the A/C on. That means it's the A/C belt which is not connected to the alternator. On my 95 Proty it was definitely the alternator belt since it squeaked even if I didn't turn the A/C on and eventually broke the belt too.

Comment

Working...
                    X