Help, Need the Vacuum Line Diagram for 96 Z5 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Need the Vacuum Line Diagram for 96 Z5 1.5

Can anyone post it up, or if you have and close up pictures of the back of the motor and lines that would be even better. I have 2 vacuum lines that I cant find homes for after my head gasket swap. Ive looked and looked its driving me nuts

Also I dont have the chart under the hood ( Manual says to follow the chart under teh hood LOL ) .

One of them is about 8 inches in length , located on the drivers side from the "check valve" mounted under the throttle body ( circular valve bolted under the intake tb ). The other is from the little guy hidden under the resonance chamber on the pass side ,alsoabout 8 - 10 inches in length .

I had a 95 and now a 96. They're the same. On the 95 I had to do a mad search for several of those connections. I got it done by looking at two other guy's cars and double checked with the hood label that you don't have. I will look at it tomorrow if I can remember. I''m retardedly forgetful so I can't guarantee I will remember. It's midnight now so it's not a good time. Maybe someone will get to it before I.

Comment

Any help would be awsome !!!

Comment

Darned! I didn't remember! Don't count on me. I suck!

Comment

TTT

I need somehelp with this. Ever since I did the head gasket swap it doesnt want to start when cold. If anybody can take a few pictures of there Vacuum line routing by / behind the throttle body and on the passenger side that would be a big help. Even a discription of this hose goes to this connector would be a big help.

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Ok, I took two pictures that should give you all the help you need. What email do you want me to send them to. Either that or I will post them here tomorrow.

Comment

Awsome !!

Please send pics to slperformance@gmail.com

Comment

Ok, I emailed you the pictures. If it turns out your discription of the hoses didn't match what I read from your words, I can take another picture or two. Those are what seem to be the hoses you are talking about. On the TB side I thought it could be either of two I noticed so the picture shows both.

Comment

Emailed u back

Comment

Well today I took my whole intake and resinator assembly apart to try and track down these lines again but still no luck. I took some pictures of the hoses Im having trouble with if someone can please track them back to there homes it would be a huge help.

The first pic shows the vacuum line that comes off of the passenger side fire wall. It is long , maybe 18 inches or so.

The second pic is the top , rear of the throttle body . Can someone please trace the vacuum line that goes off of this nipple ( brass color )

The third pic is the Vacuum line that comes off of that large UFO shaped egr thing below and behind the throttle body I currently have this attached to the top of the throttle body brass nipple in picture 2.

The last picture shows a loose vacuum line I have on the drivers side firewall which can also reach the nipple on the throttlebody. The nipple on the TB can be seen in the foreground as well as the large nipple for the resonator chamber to the left.

Thanks , any help would be much appreciated.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Tw!tchb!tch; 12-03-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I circled the line inpic 4 as well ast the tb nipple and resonator chamber nipple .
                      Attached Files

Comment

I edited this one too as it shows both the lines on the drivers side pretty well.
                        Attached Files

Comment

MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Wow that helps ALOT !!

I can already see where I have a couple hoses in the wrong location . Thank you very much for the pic !!

Do you know where this guy here goes ( Arrow )
                            Attached Files

Comment

not off the top of my head man but i can run look at my car in a bit and find out....

BTW that diagram is from autozone.com in their repair info section...they have lots of cool free repair diagrams...
                              MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X