afc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afc

Anyone have or ever used a afc on there protege before. (like this one i found on ebay for $160) Just worndering if so what kind of gains did you see. (hp, mpg, tor, ect....)
    Attached Files

used it on a first gen bp and the "gains" are directly related to how you tune it and what you are trying to achieve. It's not just a "plug in and don't touch" device.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
      used it on a first gen bp and the "gains" are directly related to how you tune it and what you are trying to achieve. It's not just a "plug in and don't touch" device.
      Some more info please.
      Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

what kind of info are you looking for? I used it with a chipped GTX ECU to run 460cc injectors and raise boost cut before my standalone on the VJ23 turbo.

Comment

Will you see more hp if you have a cold air and exhaust or will it not matter so much. and if you have a turbo will it help tune it. would a wideband air fuel ratio gauge be a smart buy as well?

Comment

Originally posted by redline2000 View Post
            Will you see more hp if you have a cold air and exhaust or will it not matter so much. and if you have a turbo will it help tune it. would a wideband air fuel ratio gauge be a smart buy as well?
            If you only have a few bolt on mods it really wouldn't matter much. You might be able to tune it for maybe 1-2 extra hp. Not worth it for minimum bolt ons. Wideband is a good investmant if you're going to build a high comp engine or boost an engine.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

will a vafc work on a protege ??? anyone???

Comment

First ask yourself WHY you need or even want an AFC. From the questions you are asking I am betting you wouldn't know how to make use of one.

I am not being an ass, I am just pointing out that perhaps money can be better spent on more effective modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                  First ask yourself WHY you need or even want an AFC. From the questions you are asking I am betting you wouldn't know how to make use of one.

I am not being an ass, I am just pointing out that perhaps money can be better spent on more effective modifications.
                  X2
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

What is a good piggy back to use if safc apexi will not work. What should be used with a turboed protege?

Comment

The AFC will work. The question is why do you need it?

There are many options to consider when fueling a turboed car - anything from larger injectors to fuel pressure regulators to standalone computers.

You have to give us more background on what your project is in order to focus the advice.

Comment

For tunning. I have 230cc injectors and Walbro 255lhp fuel pump. Do I really need a fuel pressure regualor? Will afc help tune to 14.7 to 1 ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by redline2000 View Post
                          For tunning. I have 230cc injectors and Walbro 255lhp fuel pump. Do I really need a fuel pressure regualor? Will afc help tune to 14.7 to 1 ratio?
                          Those sound like stock injectors. What have you done to the car to make it not run properly on the stock injectors?

If you turbo it you need at least either a higher pressure fuel regulator or larger injectors and an afc but you will be limited to low boost levels with those two setups.

Is that what you are asking? I am having a very hard time understanding what the problem you are trying to solve is.

Comment

why such a big fuel pump if your not turboed?
                            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

the stock injectors are 160 or 161cc. I have 230cc and a fuel pump that can run up to 115psi. i have all the parts to turbo just need to put them on

Comment

Working...
                              X