Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used this Cold Air Intake Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used this Cold Air Intake Setup?

*Only fits on Protege 95-98 1.5L DOHC engine models. 2.75" openning AEM bypass valve can be fitted on it

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?

from our Short Ram Intake System? The Cold Air Intake extends all the way down to the fender well and behind the bumper to replace hot air from the engine with cold air entering through the stock manifold system. Power normally restricted by the stock molded rubber intake system is released by allowing maximum airflow through the throttle body to increase power and throttle response.

from our competitors? Our mandrel bent intake pipes are especially designed for aerodynamics and constant radius to provide maximum and consistent airflow. Our air filters are made of cloth/aluminum, making it much less restrictive than the cotton, or compressed paper used by other brands. Direct bolt on for easy installation ?you will be supplied with all necessary hardware, step-by-step installation instruction sheet*, and personal assistance from our tech support to guide you through any problems!

Note: Installation for the Cold Air Intake System is slightly more difficult than the Short Ram Intake System ?professional installation is recommended for those with no mechanical knowledge. *Instruction sheet might not be available for some models, please check the instruction availability on each product info.

COSMO Cold air Intake System = 7 HP + (Stock) COSMO Racing Cold Air Intake System stops sucking hot air from high heat engine compartment and allowing cold air enter through the stock manifold system. By removing the stock molded rubber intake system and adding the quality mandrel bent intake piping with a constant radius, maximum airflow through the throttle body is reached. The extreme cold air and maximum airflow result in better throttle response and more horsepower. Direct bolts on with out any modification!! Professional installation highly recommended for this intake system, instruction sheet included.

b
    Sub Total: $104.50

Products
    Accesories
    Air Intake Filter Adapter Kit
    Air Intake System
    Cold Air System CAI

MAZDA

Short Ram System SRI

Air Intake System Cold Air System CAI MAZDA PROTEGE 1.5L DOHC 1995-1998 MODELS

Cosmo Racing Air Intake System increase your car's performance by providing cooler, denser air to the engine. Give your car a boost!

TECHNOLOGY
    Designed for street and track use, the aerodynamic piping and non-restrictive air filter allow maximum air flow into the engine without compromising air filtering.

INSTALLATION DIFFICULTY: EASY-MEDIUM
    Our air intake systems are designed as direct replacement for the stock system for easy DIY installation and comes complete with all necessary hardware. Step-by-step instructions are available for selected car models.

Category Air Intake System Cold Air System CAI MAZDA
    Item Number MZPROTE959815-CAI
    Make MAZDA
    Name PROTEGE 1.5L DOHC 1995-1998 MODELS
    Price $104.50 US
    Instruction Sheet Not Available
    Available Colors

*Only fits on Protege 95-98 1.5L DOHC engine models. 2.75" openning AEM bypass valve can be fitted on it

HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?

from our Short Ram Intake System?The Cold Air Intake extends all the way down to the fender well and behind the bumper to replace hot air from the engine with cold air entering through the stock manifold system. Power normally restricted by the stock molded rubber intake system is released by allowing maximum airflow through the throttle body to increase power and throttle response.

from our competitors? Our mandrel bent intake pipes are especially designed for aerodynamics and constant radius to provide maximum and consistent airflow. Our air filters are made of cloth/aluminum, making it much less restrictive than the cotton, or compressed paper used by other brands. Direct bolt on for easy installation ?you will be supplied with all necessary hardware, step-by-step installation instruction sheet*, and personal assistance from our tech support to guide you through any problems!

Note: Installation for the Cold Air Intake System is slightly more difficult than the Short Ram Intake System ?professional installation is recommended for those with no mechanical knowledge. *Instruction sheet might not be available for some models, please check the instruction availability on each product info.

COSMO Cold air Intake System = 7 HP + (Stock) COSMO Racing Cold Air Intake System stops sucking hot air from high heat engine compartment and allowing cold air enter through the stock manifold system. By removing the stock molded rubber intake system and adding the quality mandrel bent intake piping with a constant radius, maximum airflow through the throttle body is reached. The extreme cold air and maximum airflow result in better throttle response and more horsepower. Direct bolts on with out any modification!! Professional installation highly recommended for this intake system, instruction sheet included.

http://cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=193&pid=1335&added=1

Copyright © 2001 COSMO Racing All rights reserved | Link Exchange |
    1996 DX with Spectre 3" Cold Air Intake, 15" Black Wheels w/machined Lip on Low Profile tires, Floating Hood w/chrome pins, Nose Bra, Ceramic Brakes, Seat heater kit

In the above thread you'll see my "old" cosmo racing short ram intake (Have installed a turbo since this time. This is the only intake I could find for our vechicles. I liked it and felt some gains but not much. Please see the below link for my suggestions in regards to this very expensive intake.

Hopefully these threads answer your questions.

Cosmoracing, not worth it. Best to just get some couplers and 75 degree piping and due it yourself. (it's really easy)
    sigpic

Comment

CAI Tons of excellent info!!

Thanks for all the fantastic information. Now I know it all!! I built my CAI today from Spectre (www.spectreperformance.com) 3 inch tubes from Auto Zone. I'll post pics after I clean up my engine bay. I looks nice and sounds like a real sports car
      Mazda make such a crappy (plastic) intake, that we all will have to replace or repair (duct tape) it sooner or later.

You are so detailed...you must be an engineer! Thanks, JC, near Denver
      1996 DX with Spectre 3" Cold Air Intake, 15" Black Wheels w/machined Lip on Low Profile tires, Floating Hood w/chrome pins, Nose Bra, Ceramic Brakes, Seat heater kit

Comment

A side note: After 272,500 kilometers, my stock intake is intact.

Comment

100,000 miles my intake ripped in 2 pieces lol
          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Working...
          X