Performance Upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Upgrades.

I've got a 1998 LX, it's my wifes car and she's always complaining that it dosen't have enough power. I've looked around for aftermarket parts but haven't been able to find much. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 words: custom turbo setup
    sigpic
    96 protege dx - gone :'(
    94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
    02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
    95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
    I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
    Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
    Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
    Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

two words. BP swap
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

2 different words: new car
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Squeekster1 View Post
          2 different words: new car
          2 more words: agreed
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

there's nothing bolt-on readily available. Your options as stated above, are turbo the z5 or swap in a bp.

and with a bp, you can stay n/a and get power with rods, pistons, cams, adjust timing, tune it, injectors

or turbo the bp, and have a combination of rebuilding the engine.

either way to do it all right and build a beast you're gonna have to spend some dough and do some research.
            95 ES
            05 S60R

Comment

since its a 98, you should be able to use a 97 or 98 bp, which is a lot easier than trying to jsut find a 95 or just trying to find a 96 so the wiring all works correctly with an ecu (from what i've read, i dunno how easy or hard it is to mix and match the electrical systems and just wanted to stay the easiest route possible)

every time i thought i found a 96 bp, it turned out to be either 97 or 98, so it wouldn't be hard to source one. But than your buying a used engine rebuilding, and swaping, which some don't mind, and others hate.

any ideas of what your looking into? we might be able to have more specified suggestions based on that.
              sigpic
              96 protege dx - gone :'(
              94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
              02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
              95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
              I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
              Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
              Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
              Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

Working...
              X