car shake when changing the shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car shake when changing the shaft

i have mazda protege 96 automatic transmission model . whenever i change the shaft from drive to reverse or reverse to drive , there is one shake . but there is no shake or vibration while driving . i showed it to few mechanics here ..all said motormounts looks fine and i have to live with it . 3 months back i replaced oxygen sensor as i got check engine light on . could some one guide me whats causing the engine to shake once when i change the shaft . i can live with it if it is safe to do so .

Thanks
    Kamal

make sure the shaft clipped into the tranny, that's were I would start

Comment

does it shake hard when idleing? if it does then adjust it and see if that fixes it. the idle adjuster is on the right side of the intake manifold and is a cylinder with a screw inside.
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

it doesnt vibrate while idling , it shakes only once when i change the shaft from P to R or from P to D . i even tried idle adjuster . front motor mount also got changed ... i have no clue of what is wrong

Comment

that *shake* you feel is probably just the transmission going into gear

Comment

thanks for the replies guys , i ll live with the shake ..as i dont feel any uncomfort while driving .

Comment

consider

Originally posted by skamal View Post
              it doesnt vibrate while idling , it shakes only once when i change the shaft from P to R or from P to D . i even tried idle adjuster . front motor mount also got changed ... i have no clue of what is wrong
              so do the rpms drop and then recover back to normal. I am wondering if you asked your question as clear as you think you did. Could you please explain further.

when cold my protege is having what I think may be the same symptoms. However I have just done install of new used motor. My drive belts are loose and noticed today, that it surges under load, a/c on, heater on high but only high (4), wipers, blinkers, pretty much if many accessories are being used ex. radio. I almost feel like I am lacking charge to the electrical.

I have also had previous vacuum issues and idle air control valve problems. No check engine light and i'm still milling over what it can be, being lazy cause I just got a job 1.5 miles away. (Been shifting rough, nothing extreme)

I need to tighten drive belts regardless because she squeeks when cold.
              re-re check timing and ground
              Last edited by RicardoS; 02-16-2009, 09:17 PM. Reason: final thoughts
              sigpic

Comment

RicardoS ,

the RPM is aroung 2000 , i dont know wheather it is normal or not ...., yep even my car vibrates a little when i switch on AC , but i wont feel it when i drive . i dont know wheather my car has drive belts loose , vaccum issues , may be i can ask my mechanic to check those .

Comment

Working...
                X