car boiling over AFTER adding water wetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car boiling over AFTER adding water wetter

ok, my car hasn't boiled over for 6 months since i got a new water pump, thermo, radiator, and flushed until i recently added water wetter, now if boiling over but my temp gauge stays is the normal position, and i know it works cuz when it would over heat before if went up real high... ? any ideas?

Did you get a new rad cap?... or maybe you have a blockage somewhere.

Does your rad fan kick in when it's suppose to?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

yea, brand new cap, no blockage or nuttin i can see the water flowing thru, its only after i added water wetter, My fans work to i can hear them thru out the day turning on and off.

Comment

Maybe theres too much water and the boiling point is to low?

Comment

hmmm, should i add more anti freeze? or juss leave it go till it stops?

Comment

Do you have one of those laser temp things?

Comment

nope

Comment

Have you checked for leaks in your radiator? or hoses?

Comment

yep, everything's good, its not boiling over now but iv only drivin it for bout an hour today, but il see how it goes this weekend i think there was just to much water or sumtin in it.

Comment

Once it's warmed up, unplug the fans and put your hands on as much of the radiator as you can. If you feel hot and cold spots, you have a clogged rad and the flush dislodged chunks, one of which may be blocking a gallery. Water wetter won't lower the boiling point, nor will it make a car overheat so something else is going on. *If* your temp guage is working properly (just cuz it was before don't mean it is now), then it isn't boiling over. It's just leaking. If it's from around the cap, either the cap is trash or it isn't tightened down properly. If it's leaking a lot, if you pull the cap and you have bubbles coming out like Old Faithful when it's not even warmed up yet, then you have a dead head gasket.
                    Last edited by jay; 07-16-2009, 02:40 PM.
                    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

well this is what i did, i got it warmed up, took rad cap off and its fine, its not coming out at all.. and i did the fan thingy and its warmish all around, i also know the pumps working cuz i can see it flowing.. i think maybe i just shouldnt of added it, maybe it did more harm then good but it seems fine now, no boiling over or nuttin.

Comment

Where was it boiling over from?
                        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

the overflow container

Comment

Working...
                          X