Short throw shifter....HELP....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short throw shifter....HELP....

anyone know of where to get a short throw shifter at a decent price for a 96? been looking for a little while now

Next time just make a thread like this instead of bumping old ass threads that have nothing to do with short throws or nothing to do with your chassis. Thanks
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

well, my thread was actually about a short throw n it was just a question n yes it was about my chasis...i have a BH...plus it was one of my first posts so ****in lay off man...no need to be rude...still getting the hang of this forum

Comment

I think he means that you don't have to post the same question in multiple threads. You'll get an answer quicker when posted in the correct place.

But about your topic, I don't know what short throws there are for this chassis if there is any. You can always modify your stock one to act as a short throw, however. Just cut a section, about an inch, out of the top of the shift lever (above the ball) and weld that piece into the lower section (below the ball). You might also be able to slide the shift lever lower in the ball, also, though I'm not sure about that one.

Comment

thanks for the ingfo irishkev90

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
          I think he means that you don't have to post the same question in multiple threads. You'll get an answer quicker when posted in the correct place.

But about your topic, I don't know what short throws there are for this chassis if there is any. You can always modify your stock one to act as a short throw, however. Just cut a section, about an inch, out of the top of the shift lever (above the ball) and weld that piece into the lower section (below the ball). You might also be able to slide the shift lever lower in the ball, also, though I'm not sure about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dannywells View Post
            well, my thread was actually about a short throw n it was just a question n yes it was about my chasis...i have a BH...plus it was one of my first posts so ****in lay off man...no need to be rude...still getting the hang of this forum

And you talk about not being rude....heh. don't matter if you are new or not, you dont thread bomb ANY site then expect no one to comment negatively.
            You asked for it and im surprized you didn't get flamed more.

Besides, Turpro could have been far meaner.

Comment

Working...
            X