96 Mazda protege NEWBIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 Mazda protege NEWBIE

I am brand new to this forum, i got a 96 mazda protege last week. Its the 1.5 l ouch..oh well i need a car good on gas and this is it for sure......Anyways i have a manual and dont like not having a tach. I have read the posts here and found how to take out the cluster, just wanted to clarify that i can do this and what model car can i get the gauge cluster from? I have a 1996 Protege Lx. Looking for gauge cluster with tach on it

get a gauge cluster from a 1995 or a 1996 1.8L protege
    thats it

!!NOT!! the 1997-1998

Comment

cool

cool thanks for the help, the wiring is all the same? Just plug it in to the new cluster thats it??

Comment

for the 97-98 (which i own) i just unplugged/plugged and it was fine
        my odometer setting however is stored in the gauge cluster, so now my car reports the mileage that the vehicle where i got the cluster from had

i would bet to say the 95-96 is the same plug and play... however i cannot guarantee it
        wait until either bruce, beetle_orange, or edwin sees this thread to answer

intruder may also know even tho he owns a 97-98

Comment

Yes beetle has said that many times. It is plug and play.

Comment

Yes it is plug and play. you can get it from the LX models as long as its not from a 97/98. our odometer readings (95/96) are also swapable.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

thanks for the help

Thanks for the help...

Comment

I've also got a 96 cluster sitting around w/ 145095 miles that I got from a junkyard a while back. If you don't find a cluster in your area just let me know. I'm asking $70 shipped (if you're in the US).

Pic1 | Pic2 | Pic3
                Last edited by loganss; 11-11-2005, 07:59 AM.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

My auto! 96 LX has a tach lol

Comment

Working...
                  X