Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift knob?

I have an AT

i bought an apc universal shifter for it (should have known better)

wouldn't fit.

screwed everything up

my stock shifter wont go back on anyway

anyone know of an aftermarket automatic shifter that will fit the 2nd gen?

i have no shift knob either so i need some solution asap

Comment

Umm i dont think the shifter knobs work just cause its an automatic and you have to have the button (to move the shifter) and the OD on their aswell so you would have to change that in order to put a diff shifter knob on their........but i would suggest just going to a junkyard and getting one....

Comment

well you don't need the od hooked up, i disconnected mine long ago

you can get automatic shift knobs or levers or whatever, search and you'll see...they have the button on top...

problem is the one i had didn't fit it was too small for the pipe thing when you take it off, i just want some type of shifter on there... i e-mailed corksport, you think they would find me one that will definitely fit?

any way I can make my own? i do have the button and spring from the other aftermarket shifter... loli could get a shift boot or something hook that up and stabilize the button somehow? i dunno, it's driving me nuts... i need a shift knob! the junkyards around here dont have em either, they're all gutted out like crazy.

i do have my old one. im not sure how to hook it up tho...

maybe you could help me with that... the button pops out of the side when i try to hook it back up. how do i replace it?

Comment

maybe you can help me put the oem shift knob back on...

Comment

i got the stock knob on, but if i screw it down it is always engaged (so my key wont come out)

i have to shift it by pushing the handle down, then i can move it

sometimes it sticks and i have to pull it back up, but if i do it too much the handle comes off...

any idea how I can get the button in there and functioning again? so it can be back to normal, this is driving me crazy.

Comment

maybe someone can take theirs off real quick and tell me witch way the plastic white piece is facing on the shifter once the knob is removed, that might help me align the button properly.

Comment

They do make aftermarket shift knobs for automatics. Why not just search for one and make your life easier
                Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

because i have the stock shift knob i can use if i can figure out how to put it back on so the button works.

i also bought an aftermarket one that was too small to fit over our gigantic pipe thing.

sucks. if i buy another one it might not fit either. and i dunno where else to go. pep boys MIGHT have some, but they didn't last time iwas there and that's about the onl;y place i can go right now cuz i have their charge card thingy.

Comment

i had the white piece inside backwards, i feel tarded

Comment

had to have the inner part of the shifter machin shopped though. . also cut the shaft 2 inches shorter. . hold button was moved. . new hold button is the red one
                      ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

Working...
                      X