Heater A/c Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater A/c Control

1997 protege 1.5 L ... 4th speed on the heater control causes the blower to shut off any ideas before i venture into trying to pull the unit out?
    had this problem since i bought the car in spring but havent really had a problem so far due to it being warm .. now that cold is coming it would be nice to have

if its just the max speed then its just the resistor...i havnt had to replace mine so im not sure where it is...but thats definitley the cause, and its a pretty cheap thing, and i'd guess easy as long as you can reach it to replace.

Mods:
    JDM Headlights + Corners
    JDM Tailights
    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
    Shaved Side Mouldings
    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
    Cone Filter
    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
    E-Bay front strut bar
    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
    and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

well im pretty good with electronics and general do it yourself stuff.. i just have a lack of knowledge of the actual where abouts of everything on the inside seeing that ive never had one apart.... so i dont know if i could just change it out without pulling it out ... im thinking just pull all the cables/control arms out and just check for continuity in the general direction of the switch

Comment

sounds like the blower resistor . Its inside the pass. side of the dash behind the glove box . It is a "card" that is screwed in the blower motor housing , you should be able to remove it from under the dash by the pass foot area.
        98 protege lx 1.8l
        short ram intake custom
        crane hi-6 ign.
        14 miata alloy wheels
        .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

Working...
        X