Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do i get the middle part off the taillights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i get the middle part off the taillights?

Im trying 2 get the red part of the taillight set off the trunk and i dont know how.. can some1 help me.. U kno the piece that has the reverse lights on it.

Open the trunk, look behind the panel and unscrew the screws holing it in.
    There are 8 or 10 of them.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

what he said^ a few may be alittle difficult to see at first, so if it doesnt come out easy when you think you got them all, double check, you dont want to go breaking anything ;-)

Mods:
      JDM Headlights + Corners
      JDM Tailights
      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
      Shaved Side Mouldings
      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
      Cone Filter
      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
      E-Bay front strut bar
      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

you can swap them???

Comment

Originally posted by latinohottie
          you can swap them???
          95/96 sedans and 97/98 sedans have indentical rear boot garnishes except 97/98 doesn't have any amber in the reverse lense.
          Andrew
          1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
          My Familia

Comment

from what i remember, 2 plastic covered bolts on both sides = 4 bolts, 3 screws, and 4 metal bolts inside
            ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

how do you guys think it'd look if i painted the trunk garnish black to match the black body of my car. yay or nay?

Comment

what color is the car? That usually makes a difference....as to how it will look...
                MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

its black...

so basically it'd be like removing the garnish pretty much. (but im going to paint it so it's all the same high so you don't see an indent or the holes where it was)

so the garnish will be black. and you'll just see the two tails. i was gonna photoshop it but i dunno

i think it'd look pretty good, i dunno, i don't wanna do it if everyone says it'll look stupid.

Comment

rip it of and ducktape it back down....yeah i know i'm helpfull

don't judge me!!

ps: yeah i'm in clas and this lecture thing is not working for me
                    Originally posted by 90prtege
                    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                    Originally posted by Turpro
                    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                    CRZbrussian: that sux
                    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

im not asking how to remove it, and i believe that has already been answered, i was asking if I make the garnish all black like my car, would it look decent?

Comment

i could always remove the garnish and look at how it looks and if i like it, i can paint it i guess. lol

Comment

They look nice painted on these dark cars like maroon,black and blue for examples. I would do it....of just have it shaved out and smooth then throw in 2 8" led bars for reverse lights
                          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

car domain my name, check for the rear, mine was painted black, but not glossed. looked good.
                            proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

nice but how would it look with everything but the two light assemblies on the side painted... the entire garnish that is non-functional black... the fake clear/red spots... just the corner functional lamps left alone

Comment

Working...
                              X