Reskinned the back dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reskinned the back dash

Last week, my wife and I went to Jo-anne fabrics. I've been kinda planning to re-do the back dash of her car (98 pro es) cause it's brown on brown and it's ugly gay incest family ****ing so it had to change. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I had visions of faux fur and a black neon tube. But as I wander around the store, I found some dark brown material that could spice things up a bit, since there was only 3 yards left, and no bolt with the price info, I was able to talk the guy down on the price, and my wife had a coupon, so I got this great material for dirt cheap. On saturday, I took out the back dash cover, measured cut, and stapled it down.

I had thought about taking off the brown plastic stuff, but I didn't feel like trying to reattach it. I even left the stock speaker grills because in order to put on new ones, I'd have to take the speakers out and redo it all. I didn't want to go through all that, and it's the B car, so it's not like it has to perfect.

Took me all of 30 minutes once I put the beer down. Next I'm going to try to do the door inserts.

Last edited by eeyoresride; 02-13-2006, 02:40 PM. Reason: attaching pic
    Thanks for noticing me
    Alpha pro- 02 MP5, bling free
    Beta Pro- 98 pro es, aka slowburn

If it wasn't so enormous I'd be able to see it better.
    Looks good I guess from what I can tell. I think I'll do mine too, this summer, and install my Pioneer speaker grilles.

Comment

Maybe ill tkae mine out and fiberglass and paint it to match the car....or tweed or vinyl....we'll see...

Oh yeah looks good tho....
      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Sorry about the huge pic, cant get it to resize right. Thanks for the compliments. I was thinking about fiberglassing the back dash, but it's my wife's car, and so I'm just trying to make it look nice and smooth. I'm working on the plans now for my P5 and I want to fiberglass in some subs. Right now I just have a R.F. bandpass, and it hits so hard I'm loosening all the panels in the rear.
        Thanks for noticing me
        Alpha pro- 02 MP5, bling free
        Beta Pro- 98 pro es, aka slowburn

Comment

I'm very bored. Heres his pic smaller.
          And its not a year old yet so its ok :D
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Thanks matt.
            Mostly for reminding me that I never did reskin my back deck like I said I would.

Comment

I did but Im not happy with it.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
              kitty, you are a hilarious woman
              Originally posted by HopelessCow
              there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
              Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
              X