Broken door sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken door sensor

Basically, half the time, when my driver's side door is open, the car thinks it's closed, and when it's closed it thinks that it's open. The problem is that I don't know any good mechanics here in C-Bus and have no garage either. Is there a simple way to just disable the sensor so it thinks it's always closed? I'd like to not have a dead battery.

What's wrong with just replacing it 95pro? Are you talking about that little black rod that pushes in and out? What does that have to do with the battery? I don't understand. And if you talk about it in terms of being connected to your dome light then switch your dome light to the off position. Maybe I am not understanding your question.

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
      What's wrong with just replacing it 95pro? Are you talking about that little black rod that pushes in and out? What does that have to do with the battery? I don't understand. And if you talk about it in terms of being connected to your dome light then switch your dome light to the off position. Maybe I am not understanding your question.
      even with the dome light off, the lights near the floor would still be on. i'm not sure exactly which part triggers the "door open" light either, pics would help.

Comment

What lights on the floor? I will try to take a pic of it later today or tomorrow. I just feel like **** today.

Comment

Originally posted by sanblaster1
          What lights on the floor? I will try to take a pic of it later today or tomorrow. I just feel like **** today.
          they're on the door, right by the reclining handle for the seats.

Comment

Well my 97 doesn't have 'floor lighting' so I think the 95 or 96 geners need to help you out pro95. I took a pick of our door sensor and sorry for the pic but it is dark and snowy outside and my battery died. I just unscrewed it and bought a new sensor from the dealership. It was a pain in the ass to get to because my wire fell so I had to take some of the paneling off to get to it. It seems like even the little things are a pain in the ass on our proteges.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sanblaster1; 03-23-2006, 08:43 PM.

Comment

simple enough, thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                they're on the door, right by the reclining handle for the seats.
                You're lucky. I wish I had those door lights. You either got them or you didn't, and most of us didn't. There's no empty socket in the doors for those who didn't either.
                Andrew
                1996 Mazdaspeed Familia
                My Familia

Comment

i think only the 95 LX and ES had them and only the 96 ES got them.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                  Mods:
                  DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

So I looked, and I'm definitely missing the little foot thing that gets pushed in when you close the door. Last few days it's just been acting like the door is always closed, so I'm hoping it'll just stay like that and I can ignore it.

Comment

if its missing, theres no way the switch can close, causing the lights to turn on or that annoying beep to go off.
                      I have mine unscrewed most of the time, because the screw that holds it in provides the ground for the switch, eliminating that opens the circuit and stops it from happening.
                      I only did that because i would spend alot of time with the key in the ACC position and the door open, and couldnt stand the beep, there have been times recently which i wish i had it connected though...i tend to forget about my parking lights

Mods:
                      JDM Headlights + Corners
                      JDM Tailights
                      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                      Shaved Side Mouldings
                      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                      Cone Filter
                      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                      E-Bay front strut bar
                      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

argh

So I walk out to my car to go over to OSU around 1 today and surprize, my keyless doesn't work. Long story short, dead battery. Ironically, I was saved by a Z5, one of my friends w/ a DX gave me a jump. I disconnected the door sensor (pics below), something I should've done two weeks ago, but it had stopped acting up.

Anywho, had the battery tested since this is like the 5th time I've killed it. After running for about 30 min the voltage was fine, but the amperage was low. The guy said to leave it for a few days then come back and have it tested again before deciding on whether or not to buy a new battery. I still have the original battery. What do you guys think?

Additionally, I just want to make sure that I disconnected it so that it won't malfunction. It's running fine right now, so I'm hoping it'll be okay for the moment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

yeah my door sensor on my drivers door is shot. I can open any of the other doors & the dome light comes on but the drivers never has worked.

I keep forgetting to source one of those lil black switches at the junkyard. Next time i'm there i'm also going to jack some puddle lights from the doors & see if i can hook those into my door.

Based on my past experiences with 1st gens & my festiva...mazda seems to have the wiring routed for EVERY option that was ever in the car, its only a matter of plugging the **** into the empty wiring harnesses. Hopefully thats the case for the puddle lights. There is probably a wire pigtail that you need to grab from inside the door that routes to the rubber grommet but that shouldn't be hard to unplug & take too.

I'll keep you posted if I can get puddle lights & get them working
                          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
                          X