My window just died....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My window just died....

So i was driving the other day and i noticed my back drivers side window died, it just stopped working completely. I think its the motor, but someone told me it can be the switch or some wiring problem. Can some body tell me where i can get a cheap window motor?...thanks

i'd be very very surprised if you someone actually helps you.....
    Last edited by beetle_orange; 08-21-2006, 06:22 PM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Dude calm down you dont even know what went on and ur always on my case can you just chill out.

Comment

ALWAYS? can you name the other times? what is there to know? you bid and did NOT pay! plain and simple dude! and you expect to get help?

the least you could do is talk to the seller right? let him know what's going on rather than hiding, i am sure he would have understood IF you had a valid reason! couldnt you have extended such courtesy?
        Last edited by beetle_orange; 08-21-2006, 08:53 PM.

Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Uhhhh.....

Anyways, pop off the door panel, disconnect the window linkage and connect the motor to another power source (9v battery should make it move). If it goes, motor is not problem, so check all the wiring and fuses related to the power windows. A Chiltons or Haynes guide helps here

Comment

Forget the uhhh, I would get on his arse too. I can't stand when people back out on a bid and WORSE when they just disappear. He should state why he didn't go through with it and accept the mouth-full for it anyway. I got the opposite. I bid on something on ebay and when I won the item for WAY too low a price, the guy just disappeared. I gave him a negative and he gave me my one and only negative in retaliation stating that when he emails me I should not just "disappear". It was the exact word he used. Do us a favor and get out of ebay and every other place you can place a bid on. As a matter of fact, I also had the non-paying bidder thing with a guy who won my Protege muffler. Another moron that didn't pay after he won like in your case.

Comment

my point exactly, sure you might get a negative feedback but what i hate the most is when people leave you hanging and in the dark! whats worse is from his ONLY statement above he is making it seem like its the seller fault!

dude, I KNOW the seller personally in case you still havent figured that out.

Mods:

Comment

Thanks firelizard.

Comment

No problemo, let us know how it works out

Comment

Originally posted by latinohottie
                    I think its the motor, but someone told me it can be the switch or some wiring problem.
                    What you can do is go on ebay and bid on a window motor or switch and then when you win just don't buy it after all.

Comment

Oh okay thanks!

Comment

It just makes my blood boil when people do that to me so it kills me the same when it happens to others. However, I'm going to cut out my smart remarks and let this thread stick to the subject.

Comment

Working...
                        X