Hid - drl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hid - drl

My son bought a HID kit (H4-9003) including Bi-Xenon 5000k and ballast. Someone told me that I must disable DRL circuit that could cause some problem with the HID-ballast. How do I disconnect or bypass that DRL to make this kit works safely and properly?

Searched on YOUTUBE (install bi-xenon hid) and some said that there was no need to disable DRL with bi-xenon kit. Anyone experienced this yet?
    BTW protege '97 1.5L auto.

Comment

I wish there was a DRL circuit/harness for the US Protege. I want to hook up some DRLs...properly this time, haha. I wish you luck with your search for info, though

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
        I wish there was a DRL circuit/harness for the US Protege.
        I wish there was NO drl circuit/harness for CDN Protege...

Anyway will find out somehow sometimes.
        As soon as I get the HID kit from Ebay, I'll let you know how it works with/without DRL. May be the simple fact that there is a relay on that kit is the way to bypass the DRL signal (that gives 40% power to headlight) and then only works 100% powered from direct DC on battery. Will see at that time.

Comment

with 40 % power the ballast may not have enough power to light the bulb giving you a blink or flicker that can be really annoying with such a bright light . the other consideration is that our lenses arent designed for hid output and will flare the light potentially blinding other drivers. be sure to re-aim the headlights properly

Comment

i grounded my handbrake cable.
            downside e-brake light is always on
            | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
              i grounded my handbrake cable.
              downside e-brake light is always on
              take the light outa the dash, or just setup a new circuit for the light...
              sigpic
              96 protege dx - gone :'(
              94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
              02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
              95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
              I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
              Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
              Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
              Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

^ i ended up taking out the light

i figured that much was obvious
                | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

For my customers having issues with DRL input, we had a variety of plug 'n play modules to correct it, from pulse correction, to capacitors, to relay setups to go around the DRL circuit.

Comment

Working...
                  X