Stupid Gas Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Gas Question

My friend give me some Sunoco 100 Octane gas(1 gallon) should I use it all or in small 12OZ bottle like octane boost. I live in Trinidad and the 92 octane gas is ****.I have to clean my injectors about twice a year or the 2nd Gen Pro Z5 engine will stop working.

92 octane and you still clean your injectors twice a year on the Z5? are they mixing water or kerosene with your gas there?

as far as i am concerned 92 octane is more than enough. i only use 89 octane and my friend who used to have this protege only used 87 octane.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

I personally, used 87 for most of the cars life, and it didnt run badly at all, didnt notice a difference after using injector cleaner. But i do admit, i've used Shell's V-Power (92 i think, maybe 93 with alot of cleaners) and there is a difference, i can tell its running more stabaly(if thats a word)

Mods:
      JDM Headlights + Corners
      JDM Tailights
      1st Gen LX Black Wheels
      Shaved Side Mouldings
      Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
      Cone Filter
      KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
      E-Bay front strut bar
      Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
      40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
      and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
        I personally, used 87 for most of the cars life, and it didnt run badly at all, didnt notice a difference after using injector cleaner. But i do admit, i've used Shell's V-Power (92 i think, maybe 93 with alot of cleaners) and there is a difference, i can tell its running more stabaly(if thats a word)
        More stable
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

The best use anyone on this board would get out of a gallon of that gas is to pour a little bit into a paper bag, cover their mouth and nose with it and breathe deeply.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Is that your Friday night delight?

Anyway, I use 87 in my BP. Runs great.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

california gas is ****.. let me just put it that way.. but shell's v-power? it feels different.. very different.. out of my car which usually gets 87 gas because i can't afford better gas except now and then i pump the v-power into it. i can feel the difference. i stp my car every month or so.. just for safety sake.

Comment

Originally posted by hienishere
                california gas is ****.. let me just put it that way.. but shell's v-power? it feels different.. very different.. out of my car which usually gets 87 gas because i can't afford better gas except now and then i pump the v-power into it. i can feel the difference. i stp my car every month or so.. just for safety sake.
                Gasoline octane rating grades above 87 are not "better" than 87 octane fuel. The octane rating of a fuel is not a quality rating. It is a measure of how much combustion chamber temperature the fuel can withstand before it self-ignites (or detonates). If an engine is designed to run on 87 octane and does so without detonation, and if the PCM can't advance the timing when it "sees" higher octane fuel, then how can you feel any difference when you switch to higher octane? If the car doesn't detonate on 87 octane fuel, then using a higher octane is not a safety issue.
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

i only use 87 because i commute to work and i dont have that much money for gas. but about once a month i put that shevron with techron stuff and some stp in just to treat my car nice, like giving a dog a bone, or buying a lady a bottle of wine.

But i do feal a diffrance it runs smoth and the notoriouse (did i spell that right) idoling is gone plus with 168k miles i think my car can use all the babying it can get.
                  the dirty irish

Comment

Working...
                  X