No announcement yet.

gutted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea but after exhaust and turbo that'll be a differenbt story... ZOOM ZOOM!

Comment

You know 1 pound of boost gives a lot more gain than gutting your entire car so if you are going to turbo it you may as well put the car back together. At least then you will have enough horsepower to haul some people in the back.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

weight reduction is important in so many other facets of the car however, don't forget.
        Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Their just doesn't seem to be enough weight loss potential to make a difference. I weigh 240lbs if I gutted my car and lost 100lbs worth of stuff it would make it like a 140lb guy was driving it and it doesn't seem like that would change the handling much if the car had proper suspension. The gain in power is not substantial and to be honest I don't think you can actually lose 100lbs from the car.

Comment

my acceleration is much faster than before, the suib and speakers aren't weighing it down, the sound system in the car is the biggest factor, or was for me, but mine was aftermarket with the sub and sub box and crap...i'd say it's a buildup, all or nothing, i do notice gains from gutting the car, just not very much, but with the protege, every little bit matters.

Comment

I noticed a little loss in acceleration when I put my system in but it was not that noticable. I guess I am just not concerned enough about speed to sacrifice some of the creature comforts of driving.

Comment

hows that turbo running on there (and you don't like speed? lol) still going strong? you ever bump it to 10 psi yet?

Comment

I hit 12psi for a few hours but I was seriously sucking the gas down. I probably used twice as much gas as normal but it held up fine except for one time I revved to 6000rpm's for a while and when I let and coasted I stalled out. I think my blowoff valve was part of the reason and my coil was on its way out at the time. It started up as soon as I put it in gear. I also had a bad iac but I already replaced it. I am just waiting till thanksgiving is over so I can get a new distributor and then I am going to stay with about 10psi until I can get the rest of the parts I need to upgrade my turbo setup. That won't be till next year though.

Comment

Working...
                  X