Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

95' Protege rolls backwards (slowly) while in gear, what's the reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95' Protege rolls backwards (slowly) while in gear, what's the reason?

Car has 165,000 miles, stick shift. Just purchased it, not sure when the clutch was replaced but it seems ok. Emergency brake barely works but if I park on a decent incline in first gear (E brake off), it will sloooooowly inch backward, almost like the engine turns over. It won't move for maybe 5 seconds, then, it'll creep backward a few inches. Wait another 5 seconds, then it'll inch back again.

Could this be a sign of low compression? The car is only a 1.5 liter but is quite slow. Slipping clutch?

Thanks as always for your help.

Mine does the same thing. Dude do you know patrick from lex ky? im gonna comeup and roll with him so holla at me and we can meet up...
    MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Hey, what color is your pro, i dont see 2 many around and when i do i remeber them.
      **SOLD**
      Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

true man i car came from cadiz ky and the boy that owned it was a total dick...
        MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Mine is red with pimp 5 star aftermarket 13's. They were on the car when I bought it. It was faded really bad, after a week of polishing the paint it's shiney red now. Here's before and after pics:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 95Protege View Post
            Mine does the same thing. Dude do you know patrick from lex ky? im gonna comeup and roll with him so holla at me and we can meet up...

Sorry, don't know any Patrick's. Lexington has almost 300,000 people so it's a fairly large town.

Comment

Hey, im the patrick that 95protege is talking about... Yea your car looks really good red, i dont think iv seen any red ones but urs is really nice, i have the sand mica (gold) 96 Pro DX, I have 13 mazda wheels ( You could order them outta the catalouge) the guy b4 blought them, i just have tint and a system , hers my cardomain www.cardomain.com/id/patspontiac , but nce ride, maybe ill c ya around
              **SOLD**
              Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Yeah dude car looks tight as hell man...i wish mine was red lol....
                MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Thanks guys, it'll be for sale soon if you know anyone interested. I also have a sweet set of Enkei RPO2-J 15" wheels with Toyo T1R's I might put on the car. These are on my Miata currently and I'm curious how they'll look on the Protege. They are brand new with less than 500 miles on them.

The car has 165,000 miles on it but runs really well. It's a DX but the previous owner had AC installed to the tune of $1000. It has cold AC and great heat. Brand new water pump and as you know gets awesome gas milege. I'm asking $2500 with current wheels, $300 with the Enkei's. Any questions let me know, thanks.

Here's a pic of the Enkei wheels on my Miata.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i was actually looking for some wheels in the next 6 months, (tax return money) but yea when i getthe money ill try get contact wioth you on here and see if u still have them, they are nice, and if any1 says anyting about needing a good/cheap car ill let them know about yours.
                    **SOLD**
                    Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

The Reason Your Car Rolls In Gear Is Because The Clutch Is Getting Worn And Not Holding The Car Like It Should; It Acts Like Abrake And When Worn Won't Hold

Comment

Working...
                      X