speakers/sound system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speakers/sound system

Ok i have a afermarket kenwood deck and rear speakers and now it has this wining osund that gets louder as i apply the gas..(more gas, louder it gets, less gas, quieter it gets) its really annoying and just started and a friend of mine iwth a nissan maxima has the same problem, any suggestions?
    thanks.
    Attached Files
    **SOLD**
    Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Do you got one of those neat speed sensor things on your radio? Did you radio get louder when you drove faster before you changed the radio? My friends F-150 has that, so when we sit there its nice and queit, but when he floors it the radio starts blasting. Could be something wrong with that?

Comment

from what i know this is derived from poor grounding.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

yea idk its weird, i noticed with my car it only happens when the subs/amp are hooked up but my friend with the maxima doesnt have a system and his does it. I checked the grounding for the amp myself and it looked fine and i had in a car audio shop like a month ago and they said it was fine, what u mean by speed sensor? iv never heard of that.
        Thanks.
        **SOLD**
        Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

my friends ford contour did that lol....not sure why but my car has never done it...
          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

my moms mini van does that
            93 Nissan Nx2000 <commuter
            95 Nissan 300zx tt < my baby
            97 Protege lx Sold!!

Comment

that never happened to me and i installed all my stereo system: deck, speakers, subs, and amp

Comment

It could be
                a) Your audio signal wires are too close to your power wires at some point
                b) A bad ground somewhere

Comment

check the ground on your head unit, get a ground loop insulator for your RCA's if it still doesn't go away.
                  The Car:
                  2003 Mazda Protege 5
                  - Injen Intake
                  - Meagn Racing Cat-Back
                  - 17" Enkei EVO 5's
                  - More Goodies to come....
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The System:
                  Head: Pioneer DEH-P6000
                  Components: Infinity Kappa 680.7CS
                  Amp: Kenwood KAC-5203
                  -
                  Sub: RE Audio XXX 15"
                  Box: Custom built 4.4cu. ft. Tuned to 27Hz
                  Amp: HiFonics Brutus BXi 1606
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrous View Post
                    check the ground on your head unit, get a ground loop insulator for your RCA's if it still doesn't go away.
                    what if i said it only happens when i have a system hooked up (amp,subs)... bad amp ground?
                    **SOLD**
                    Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

It could be how you have your amp grounded. I grounded mine to the bolts holding the rear seats on. Gotta make sure there isn't paint on the surface your trying to ground to. I have my power and RCA wires on opposite sides of the car.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X