Fuel Filter replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter replacement

I have been avoiding this for over a year. What is the trick to replacing the fuel filter? I can't get to the bottom of it (the physical bottom, not Sherlock Holmes ). I removed the intake and a ton of wires, but cannot for the life of me get it out. Does anyone have any tricks?
    Last edited by pureliquidhw; 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM.

No tricks. I actually did this today with a friend. You just have to get your hand down there and undo the clamp holding the hose on. We attacked it from the top cause we were in a parking lot. We took the intake off, then just worked out way in there and got it done.

If it helps, try undo either end of the hose. Which ever one may be easier for you.
    sigpic

Comment

the easiest one first? I guess it just takes some elbow grease. Every time I have the intake off (3x, one for a new intake and two to replace a thermostat) I give it a whirl but am in too much of a rush to get it done, so I skip it. I'll give it a try tonight. I'll be under my car replacing the resonator and pipe, so if I can see the bottom of the filter I'll give it a grab.
      Last edited by pureliquidhw; 09-04-2007, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It didnt take us more then 45 minutes to do the whole kit and kaboodle.
        sigpic

Comment

you just have to put your hands down there and get it out
          sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

I didn't get a chance to work on the filter because I got a bit frustrated trying to replace my resonator and pipe. The bolts wouldn't budge and they wouldn't break either. Now I'm not the strongest person, but whoever put the pipe on was. WD40 got the rust off but i didn't have any other chemicals to try and weaken the bolts grip. Should I just take it to a shop and have them put it on for 30-40 bucks, or is there another option.

ps, sorry for switching from fuel filter to exhaust, it's just that everything seems to be failing! I'm at 110,000 miles and

Comment

Working...
            X