Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which locks should I get!????

Okay so here is the story,

I bought my '97 Protege ES, it's been a year now and all has been good until just recently.
    When I bought the car used back in '06, the passenger door could not be unlocked from the outside (it works fine form the inside so no big deal). However just last week I parked my car in a hotel parkade I had a bad feeling about form the begining. So anyways Im walking up to my car the next day and when I was about to unlock it I notice that the drivers side door lock is halfway up/a bit crooked, then once I was unable to unlock/open the door I realized that someone tried to break into it. They peeled back the metal under the handle leaving about a 0.5 cm gap exposing the inside of door, the AMA guy said that they probably used a screwdriver.

So now both locks don't work...

Im just wondering if this is fixable or if I will have to get a new lock. I cannont unlock the door form the outside or open it from the outside (everything works fine form the inside).

Im was also wondering what the price difference is if I were to go the way of getting electronic locks, and where the best place would be to purchase the locks... and id I'd have a hard time installing them myself.

Thanks,

David
    Last edited by DavAlaStr; 09-05-2007, 07:46 PM.

A locksmith would know if it's repairable.
    Mazda dealership would be the obvious answer for a replacement. They could also find you the parts to convert to power lock mechanisms.

Comment

Working...
    X