Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mix the paint color ourself

Hi all,

I have a 1997 BHA mazda 323 in PT chaste white color.

I am going to do some body works, but find some difficulties about mixing the color by myself.

Does anyone have ideas about mixing the body color yourself?

Are there any tools or reference for us? Thanks and good day to all
    Attached Files

why not just order the paint color..then do the painting yourself, mixing is too much hassle
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

moar pics!
      Originally posted by 90prtege
      have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
      Originally posted by Turpro
      Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
      CRZbrussian: that sux
      CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
      CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Take the factory color name to the paint shop, or a sample of the paint as it looks on the car now and they'll mix it for you. Far easier than doing it yourself.
        I'd call a couple paint outlets and see what the generally accepted method is.
        1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
        1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
        2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
        1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

mixing paint requires much more equipment then the average guy will have available. you cant simple mix to cans together and get anything but a nightmare.
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
            mixing paint requires much more equipment then the average guy will have available. you cant simple mix to cans together and get anything but a nightmare.
            I've never done it personally but I had a buddy that did and he use a triple beam with a color formula to get a factory match. If he had paint match issues, he'd take a sample to the guys with the expensive equipment and let them do it.

When I needed a paint match for my house back when, Home Depot used imaging software to color match. It was-----fairly accurate.
            Last edited by 1st Gen; 09-15-2010, 11:22 PM.
            1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
            1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
            2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
            1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen View Post
              I've never done it personally but I had a buddy that did and he use a triple beam with a color formula to get a factory match. If he had paint match issues, he'd take a sample to the guys with the expensive equipment and let them do it.

When I needed a paint match for my house back when, Home Depot used imaging software to color match. It was-----fairly accurate.
              Ha, for me, i think mix the color ourself is much more cheaper than buy from shop, and usually, you have to buy at least a gallon of paint, but i cannot use the paint all...

But of course, we may consider to use money to deal with trouble(mix paint ourself to match with factory paint)...er..

Comment

you might as well change the entire color of the car if your going to attempt to do it yourself. because it definately won't match.
                | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                  you might as well change the entire color of the car if your going to attempt to do it yourself. because it definately won't match.
                  Umm, i get your words. So, do you have any addresses of online paint shops that are selling mazda color paints? I have changed my mine

Comment

Just ask a local bodyshop supplier to mix you whatever quantity you need of the paintcode you have. Bring the car so they can match the variant.

Comment

Working...
                    X