Starting Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Issues

Ok I have a few questions. But before those here's my problem(s). Few months ago my car sucked up water and I bent the rods etc. So I got a new engine put in. Then during the cold only about 3 times or so it took a little longer to start/turnover. Figured it was normal in the cold as my old car did this and others I know have as well. Well today I start it up run some errons and what not car is running fine. I drive to work, and after just parking it for about 5 mins my friend was gonna take it to get something to eat. Well the car wouldn't start. I came out tried an tried and nothing just a clicking noise. Anyhow after my rage went into effect and after work I went outside and we were going to check some things out fuses and what not praying for a bad fuse loose wire something. Anyhow, it clicked, i tried it again it hesitated and started right up. Is this normal for a 03 protege, meaning are they prone to start problems (starter etc)? Or do you think the water damage from months ago had something to do with it? What other possiblities could it be besides the starter? and sorry but last question, but where at is the starter in an 03? I havent really looked too much yet because of work but I plan on getting the starter off an getting it checked if no one has any other ideas. Thanks in advance
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

this may sound stupid, but have you replaced your battery lately?
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

No, I still have the original batter in the car. I just didnt think it was the batter because my amp an everything was working an all the lights would come on etc.
      2003 Mazda Protege LX
      Laser Blue
      Old Car
      1998 Kia Sephia LS
      Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

anyone have any ideas?
        2003 Mazda Protege LX
        Laser Blue
        Old Car
        1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

That sounds like a battery problem if it clicks but dosent turn
          Joe H
          2000 Chevy Impala
          3400 3.4 Liter V6
          Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
          U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
          Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

It might not be since everything else is working, take you battery Autozone or something and have it tested.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

ya i plan on taking it to autozone to get everything tested this sunday
              2003 Mazda Protege LX
              Laser Blue
              Old Car
              1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

well took it to auto zonebattery checked out fine and what not. well the machine said it was a bad battery but the guy said no way because it never dropped below 10 and just kept increasing up pass 14 by the time it was done testing. think it is a solenoid in the starter but not to worry about it unless it happens again. i just odnt get why it wouldnt start then nothing being done to it start up hours later. weird
                2003 Mazda Protege LX
                Laser Blue
                Old Car
                1998 Kia Sephia LS

Comment

Working...
                X