OBX Header??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBX Header??

Would anybody think the OBX header is worth buying before I actually buy exhaust? I do have a CAI. Does the OBX header only fit OBX exhaust systems or would it fit a mazdaspeed exhaust??

Obx is quality, it will fit onto most aftermarket exhaust systems fine
    Joe H
    2000 Chevy Impala
    3400 3.4 Liter V6
    Fun Times

Fenderwell Intake w/ K&N Cone,
    U-Bend Delete, Resonator Delete,
    Flowmaster 40, Hi-Flow Cat, Optima Redtop

Comment

Eh, the Mazdaspeed exhaust is an axle back.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

What do you guys think about the racing beat cat back. I want something that isnt too loud or drones out on the highway and such

Comment

Originally posted by Joshb
          Would anybody think the OBX header is worth buying before I actually buy exhaust? I do have a CAI. Does the OBX header only fit OBX exhaust systems or would it fit a mazdaspeed exhaust??

I'm sure most people have had positive experiences with the OBX header, but mine was quite negative. The heat made it melt at the weld, and it fell apart while I was on the freeway ... The heat from the 4-1 made the weld not hold up...and it should have been able to no problem...closer inspection showed it wasn't welded as properly as it should have been from the inside. I'd recommend a Wagner motorsports shorty header and downpipe combo...a little bit more expensive, but the quality is amazing.
          And all God's angels beware, and all you judges beware...

Comment

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

The only real gains I got out of my OBX header is looks and a slightly more powerfu exhaust notel. No really noticeable power differences for me. Fit and finish was decent, but pretty much a pain in the ass to install. I think the EGR pipe was the worst part.
              Attached Files
              2003 Protege LX 2.0 (BJFP) Sport package (New motor at 24,885 miles on 5/26/05), 5 Speed. Black Mica.

Mods: Mazdaspeed front bumper/foglight conversion, Cold Air Intake w/ K&N filter, OBX header with sport muffler, Full Mazdaspeed suspension with 5-lug/ 4-disc conversion and Racing Beat upgraded sway-bars, "E" level bushing kit, 2.25 inch trimmed Sprint Performance lowering springs, Mazdaspeed strut tower brace, smoked tails, Short shifter, Corksport clutch hose, black pearl emblem kit, Silverstar headlights, and limo tint

Future mods include: DGM carbon fiber grille and air dam, 2003 Mazdaspeed spoiler and side sills, Corksport full exhaust, grounding kit and then hmmm...turbo?

Comment

i was looking at getting one for mine too
                TJK775
                00 Protege DX 1.6

Cardomain
                My YouTube
                Photobucket Build pics

Comment

Originally posted by Ur2Slo View Post
                  The only real gains I got out of my OBX header is looks and a slightly more powerfu exhaust notel. No really noticeable power differences for me. Fit and finish was decent, but pretty much a pain in the ass to install. I think the EGR pipe was the worst part.
                  dont forget weight savings.

Ive been considering this as well, but considering the cost and many reports of no noticeable power gains (headers typically give a very good bang for the buck) but apparantly not on the 2.0, ive decided against it
                  Last edited by mach1219; 04-13-2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X