NEEDED: n00b help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEEDED: n00b help!

I've been reading and searching the boards since before I even registered, but I've got a few questions that I haven't been able to get answers for when searching:

1- which is the best header to use with a 2003 ES with an auto/sport shift? I thought I remember reading somewhere that there is fittment issues with the auto transmission.

2- MP3 ECU- again, same car. Will it work with an auto or will it not know how to control shift points? And yes, I know they are rare.

So far, I've done:
    Mazdaspeed suspension (ebay), short ram intake (ebay), better K&N filter (ebay), Mobil 1 5w-30 engine oil, Red Line transmission fluid (forget which type) with a fluid flush, coolant flushed and filled with new mixture and Red Line Water Wetter.

Things on deck:
    Mazdaspeed strut tower brace (ebay), Racing Beat rear sway bar (ebay), better stereo and speakers, extra set of OEM wheels (free from friend) so I can have summer tires and all seasons (doesn't snow enough here to justify snow tires), strip the black vinyl off the doors, remove the side mouldings, Racing Beat exhaust, header, and MP3 ECU if it works.

The car is a blast to drive (even in automatic trim). I know it's not going to be super fast in a straight line, all I'm looking for is a little extra pep to help scoot me around corners.

--Tom

teh mp3 ecu wont work. Ment for a manual tranny. Wont run yours at all.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

What about the header? Is the OBX really that crappy and should I spend my money on the AWR header instead?

--Tom

Comment

the awr or the mazdaspeed from corksport.com would be best... and if youre real rich you could always get the autoEXE. plus i know there was a guy doing a group buy on genie headers a while ago on the site. as for the auto/maual diffrence with the headers. i dont know about that. the best thing to do is to send an e-mail to corksport or protegegarage, theyd have the answer
        What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?

Comment

Working...
        X