Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to goldpro

what mods u done for 200plus tq

Wagner turbo kit. (hes gone now) So you can do the same with a hiboost.
    The 1.6l is a torque monster. Just about any mods give it insane torque first and very little power. Its really our intake mani holding us back . Which I intend to swap this summer. So all that torqe will finally net some power.

Some guys get 130 whp with just intake and exhaust (in europe).

So yeah to recap he was running a t25, at some 15 psi. Dont mind the pressure rating these engines take 30 and pump out 300whp on stock internals.

Comment

What IM are you swapping out your IM for? Would you be able to get your hands on one more? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Originally posted by zerocover
      The 1.6l is a torque monster. Just about any mods give it insane torque first and very little power. Its really our intake mani holding us back . Which I intend to swap this summer. So all that torqe will finally net some power.

So yeah to recap he was running a t25, at some 15 psi. Dont mind the pressure rating these engines take 30 and pump out 300whp on stock internals.

Comment

I'm sure he's thinking of the e-spec ZM intake manifold with VICS dual runner system... I'm planning on doing the same... it's just hard to find those manifolds...

FYI, since you seem to be pretty newb.

the same 1.6l engine you have has a different manifold in europe (ans asia, I was told, but not sure yet). That manifold has two sets of runners, a long one and a short one. one set is always open and is mainly beneficial in low rpms. when you get higher up in the RPM band, those primary runners become less than efficient, and the second set, optimal for high rpms opens up.

that's roughly it, as well as I can explain it without getting too technical.

you need the manifold, preferably new gaskets, the VICS solenoid and a couple more things, and an RPM activated switch, check MSDignition.com for that...

it's fairly easy to rig it up... but I wouldn't attenpt it if I've never done any fairly heavy work on cars...

you can check out protegefaq.net there is some info on it there, and plenty other info about your car you can learn about.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
          I'm sure he's thinking of the e-spec ZM intake manifold with VICS dual runner system... I'm planning on doing the same... it's just hard to find those manifolds...

FYI, since you seem to be pretty newb.

the same 1.6l engine you have has a different manifold in europe (ans asia, I was told, but not sure yet). That manifold has two sets of runners, a long one and a short one. one set is always open and is mainly beneficial in low rpms. when you get higher up in the RPM band, those primary runners become less than efficient, and the second set, optimal for high rpms opens up.

that's roughly it, as well as I can explain it without getting too technical.

you need the manifold, preferably new gaskets, the VICS solenoid and a couple more things, and an RPM activated switch, check MSDignition.com for that...

it's fairly easy to rig it up... but I wouldn't attenpt it if I've never done any fairly heavy work on cars...

you can check out protegefaq.net there is some info on it there, and plenty other info about your car you can learn about.

I think when I asked that question in the previous thread, I was pretty newb when it came to IMs. I didn't know one was available to me (and the other 1.6 guys) until someone else mentioned it to me. I am also having a hard time trying to get a hold of both the IM and head from the ZL-VE. I was able to have Derrick from Corksport locate both the cams and cam gears for me as well as some other parts. He did quote me before on the manifold, but for whatever reason, he wasn't able to get his hands on it. Maybe you could try sending an e-mail his way and have some luck? Keep me updated.

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover View Post

You get the manifold swapped out?

Comment

these threads you're reviving are over a yr old bro.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I know. I wanted to see if the aforementioned mod was done. Just out of curiousity....

Comment

I would like to know as well.
                  I currently have a 99 1.8L that I am looking to turbo, and I am trying to find out my options.

Comment

A old thread is old
                    B You don't even have the same motor that ben had.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                    Originally posted by HopelessCow
                    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
                    X