oil in intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil in intake

let me just get this said. have a zex wet kit 55 shot installed on my 03 protege dx 2.0l manual. running great went through a whole bottle and decided i didnt want to over use it so i took out the bottle. drove the car about 45 miles parked went to lunch so on. on the way home i got off the freeway and noticed my car was ideling hard. half way up the mountain the CEL came on. stopped off at the mechanics he said misfire cylinder four. i asked is it due to the n02 he said no. i changed the plugs and so forth still does it. i disconnected the n02 lines and the nozzle from the intake tube and noticed i have oil in my intake tube. plus the motor sems real hot if i pull off the oil cap smoke comes out . I obviously thought it could be a fried ring but the mech. said it would be smoking like crazy if that was it. ive been looking through the forums found a couple of things but none quit the same. so if anybody has any thoughts i would greatly appreciate it!
    thanks

update- after changing the plugs and finding out that that was not the problem i gave up and went inside. i went back out about 4 hours later. the problem is nearly gone so it has something to do when the motor gets hot. the hesitation due to misfire in cylinder four is still slightly there but barely. the pcv valve is still sucking strong. thought that may help a little.
    thanks again

Comment

check your wires cap and rotor. if the motor was screwed you should have a puffer. unless you compression rings got damaged and the oil ring is still okay. do a compression test on the motor and eliminate that possability
      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

am going to replace the wires tomorrow. and get the compression test done as well. thanks

Comment

Working...
        X