Running really crappy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running really crappy

My 99 pro ES has been runnin really crappy when I start the car It shakes and Idles at like 200rpms and when I get on the gas it take a long to to get up to speed and it smells like carbon monioxide and the check engine light is always on and flashing. Any help on what it could be would help out a lot thanks guys.

could be a number of things, could be spark plugs, fuel pump who knows...take it to auto zone or a simliar place to have them run a diagnostics check
    2003 Mazda Protege LX
    Laser Blue
    www.cardomain.com/id/thejackyl
    Old Car
    1998 Kia Sephia LS
    Custom Front Bumper, motegi gunmetal mr7s wrapped in Nitto 450 Xtremes, OBX exhaust, Custom CAI, CUstom interior

Comment

If your check engine light is blinking, then you have a serious problem. It usually means that you have a misfire and you're dumping fuel into your exhaust. The unburnt fuel will head into the cat and burn, destroying your cat

Comment

I would park it if you can and not drive it until you can pinpoint the problems, if you drive it might turn into bigger problems. Trust me from thinking it was just the radiator on mine then ending up replacing the headgasket and some other items park the car man! hehe!
        "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Ravin13 is right there...definitieyl dont drive it anymore...the fuel could be going out in its raw form uncombusted and mess everything up for u...i have a 2003 lx 5spd and already ive had to replace the exhaust manifold, steering rack, and engine mounts

Comment

running crappy

sounds like u have a misfire 1 or more cylinders ....plugs plug wires is likely & common.... possible EGR valve

Comment

So did you find out what was wrong? Hope the car is ok.
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Working...
              X