Injen intake.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injen intake.

Okay, so I bought and installed the Injen RD series intake on my car. I am pleased with it, however there now an audible clicking noise coming from the engine bay of my car. It only occurs intermittenly, and there doesn't seem to be any adverse effects to the power output, but it's just annoying, and it just doesn't sound healthy. I think that it is the vaccum purge valve which required relocation for the intake, but I'm not entirely sure. Would mounting it at the wrong angle effect it at all? Because I think I screwed up and mounted it horizontally, where the instructions call for vertical mounting.

my car is a 99 es
    The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

You can always take it off and readjust it, and put it on vertically.
    If it continues to make the same noise, then it can most likely be the purge. I dont think it should be much of a problem.
    But just to make sure, consult a Mechanic if you know of one.
    "I can do it, just give me Time, Money, and Experience =)"

Comment

so, I unplugged the purge valve from the harness. And the sound completely disapeared. What EXACTLY does it do? I'm thinking about unplugging it for good. But it's there for some reason. What do you guys think
      The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

Comment

Usually when you un-plug things like that from your car, rob zombie starts playing out of no where and then a super-beast pops out of what you un-pluged and eats you.

Comment

purge

check engine light will eventually come on

Comment

Working...
          X