deep exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deep exhaust

where can i get a exhuast for a protege that has a deep sound? like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZT0E...elated&search=? i seen some tanabe exhausts but not sure if i like the sound of it. just looking for something deep when u rev it. thanks. appriciate the feedback.

Corksport's exhaust...ftw

It makes our cars sound like WRX's

and not ricey at all!
    The handling of a Miata, stuffed into a Protege

Comment

do you mean the CorkSport 'Power Series' Exhaust System?

Comment

Every exhaust will sound good until you put a header on it. Then it will sound like a riced out honda!!

Comment

yeah, the power series exhaust. A friend of mine has one and it's pretty damn deep/loud.

ProtegeBuddy, I was under the impression that the riced out honda sound came from running a really small diameter exhaust all the way back to the AutoZone coffee can muffler. For what reason does the header cause this problem on our cars? I was thinking about either doing a header, or just porting a stock manifold. What header do you have?
          Last edited by autoxes; 08-01-2007, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Its the 4 cylinder sound with straight pipes, CS diameter is plenty big for N/A cars. I have an OBX header with the CS exhaust. I've gotten used to the sound now though and like it. It's still a lot deeper than a honda though.
            Last edited by Protegebuddy; 08-01-2007, 08:22 AM.

Comment

what is your take on the obx header? I have heard about numerous problems with them including fitment problems and weld quality issues

Comment

Originally posted by Protegebuddy View Post
                Its the 4 cylinder sound with straight pipes, CS diameter is plenty big for N/A cars. I have an OBX header with the CS exhaust. I've gotten used to the sound now though and like it. It's still a lot deeper than a honda though.
                I don't think there can be any association drawn between a Honda and how deep its exhaust is compared to any other similar sized engine cars. It's a matter of choosing the right diameter piping and muffler/resonator combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                  I don't think there can be any association drawn between a Honda and how deep its exhaust is compared to any other similar sized engine cars. It's a matter of choosing the right diameter piping and muffler/resonator combo.
                  I guess what i'm trying to say is, you know a honda when you hear one. Sounds nothing like a protege.

Comment

Originally posted by autoxes View Post
                    what is your take on the obx header? I have heard about numerous problems with them including fitment problems and weld quality issues
                    I had to bend the end piece of the header down a bit to match up with the CS exhaust, other than that it fits perfect. I've had it on for 8 months now and no problems yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X