'00 lx 1.6 L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'00 lx 1.6 L

ok i plan on getting intake header and exaust.

i dont have a lot of money so i made my intake for pretty cheap,works.
    now idk if my header gasket or my manifold has any problems. i'm kinda hoping it does.
    so my parents will let me get a new one.
    now exaust
    i cant get a single canister exaust. they hate them so i have to get a double barreled high flow muffler.

my real q is:

does all the heat on the manifold and gasket area get hot enough to bind the bolds on????
    i herd so. but that was from a dodge owner witha v6. soo idk,

and if i remove the valve cover do i have to do anything special to it? like repressure the valves. idk i'm confused on that part of the engine. is their any tutorials on getting cams in a 2000 protege lx 1.6 L
    Engine:
    2.2L
    4-cyl
    make:
    Saturn
    Model:
    vue
    Transmssion:
    MANUAL :ARCADE:
    Rims:
    alloy
    Drive Terrain:
    FWD
    -------
    lol the head looks like styrofome!
    i'll get pics when i can get my hands on a camera! LOL

The heat is intense, much more so then a dodge v6.
    However stainless steel bolts make sure theres no binding.

You have solid lifters just pull off the valve cover.

Comment

the bolts rust, thats why they bind, else wise its improper installation or removal.

SS nuts on regular bolts will not sieze, all SS parts will not sieze either.

do you need to replace your cams???
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

If you're looking for OEM cams, you can always get them from the dealerships or vendors on Mazda car forums that sell OEM parts. If you're looking for aftermarket, good luck. Im also looking for cams and only ones I know of that are supposedly drop in are the ones from the ZL-VE, 1.5 liter. You can go the custom route, but that takes some money and if you don't have a lot to spend (like myself) avoid custom at all costs.

Comment

Working...
        X