Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comments on my setup

my car is a 2002 protege ES it has the FS 2.0L engine
    i was wondering how many 3rd gen guys here had some power mods, so this is what i have so far what do you think.
    1. obx header
    2. self built 2.5 inch exhaust with custom cat and dynomax muffler then a ractive tip
    3. cold air intake
    4. mazda speed camshafts (mazda3online.com) some people say they dont do anything but i measured them with micrometer and they are bigger.

soon to have parts
    1. painting oem 16" rims gloss black( car is silver)
    2. seibon carbon hood
    3. msp 2003.5 spoiler
    4. tein h-tech springs
    5. awr trans and motor mounts
    6. gt25 turbo kit ( turbokits.com)

then upgrade to new exhaust and some of the kits parts.

i have looked everything up so if anyone needs help finding the best deal or the parts them selves just ask. will post pics prob after weekend when i paint the wheels.
    Last edited by mazdaman2002; 02-21-2008, 08:18 AM.
    2002 protege ES/ header/2.5" exhaust/ CAI/ mazda speed cams(FROM JDM protege)/tein lowering springs/AWR 95 durameter motor mounts/B&M short shifter/ revised mazdaspeed limited slip differential/ exedy clutch/ fidenza light weight flywheel/ tokico struts/awr adjustable sway bar endlinks/stock wheels painted black W:riken raptor tires.

Sounds like its going to be sweet
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

You're going to spend $3k on a turbokits.com turbo kit that runs 6psi?

Why not just peice meal a stock msp kit sans intercooler and flexpipes?
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

i thought of that but i figure this one will fit perfect and is plenty upgradable. plus if u no the psi it runs you also know it comes with a boost controller and that ladies and gents means it runs what i want it to run. plus these motors arent bullet proof so i will not be running large boost. i was going to build a t3 kit but most parts designed for my car bolt perfectly to the gt25 or the gt28( disco potato) wich is what i am switching to after internals well down the road from now. That kit also puts more horse out on a stock motor than the msp has, plus my car will have other goodies with that kit. but thatnks for the advice i just find this the best bang for the buck and reliable way to go( been shopping this for a year since i bought the car).
        2002 protege ES/ header/2.5" exhaust/ CAI/ mazda speed cams(FROM JDM protege)/tein lowering springs/AWR 95 durameter motor mounts/B&M short shifter/ revised mazdaspeed limited slip differential/ exedy clutch/ fidenza light weight flywheel/ tokico struts/awr adjustable sway bar endlinks/stock wheels painted black W:riken raptor tires.

Comment

It would still be cheaper to run the MSP stuff w/ a FMIC and megasquirt.

The only reason the kit put out more HP is the stock MSP tune is rubish.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

yeah that may be but i dont feel like locating the parts plus they will all be used parts. the kit comes with an ease of install, everything is there and perfect. i work like 62 hours a week and my friends always have projects so this kit will be like a one weekend thing cause the only other car i own doesnt run, and my wife needs hers.

Comment

Working...
            X