Help!! P1141 Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! P1141 Code

The check engine light was on for a while, so i checked it today and it gave me the above code realted to Mass air flow sensor. First thing i bought some MAF cleaners and cleaned the heck out of the MAf and also the whole intake box and all that stuff. To my unpleasent surprise the code came back again . Any ideas ? some say it might not even be a MAF and could be O2 sensor or CAt

I'd need to look it up to be sure, but something to try: Check for vacuum leaks, especially cracks in the hose connecting the airbox to the throttle body. Check your pcv valve and the hose going to it. Check your air filter. I'll get back when I have a better idea.

I did some checking, but haven't verified this, according to some other threads the P1141 is the heater circuit for the rear O2 sensor. The code would indicate you need to replace it. I'll get back to confirm when I've had a chance to check my service manual.
    Last edited by dtatham; 05-19-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks DT
      As you said it could be the air vacuum leak because the hose that you mentioned was torn and i sealed it with a duct tape (tok it completely off and sealed it tight further inspection verified no air leaks) but if thats the case going to order that thing . Could be the o2 sensor too . right now getting real busy with finals and stuff so havent had a time to work on it . Thanks again
      Happy Zoom Zoomin

Comment

I checked my service manual and it is definitely low voltage from heater in the rear heated O2 sensor. Check your wiring harness and make sure the connections are good. Make sure the wiring to the O2 sensor hasn't been damaged. If everything looks ok, then replace your O2 sensor. You can get a generic 4-wire O2 sensor off of ebay for about $25. They come with solderless connectors. Use shrink tubing and solder the wires, trust me. When you finish school and buy your first new car, buy a service manual from the dealership. I always buy new cars so I can guarantee that it's been maintained correctly. I also buy a service manual (or talk the dealer into throwing one in). They run over $100, but pay for themselves in no time.
        The O2 sensor that's bad (rear sensor) is under the car on the pipe going out from catalytic converter. The front O2 sensor is attached to the manifold on the front of the engine.
        Last edited by dtatham; 05-20-2008, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dtatham View Post
          I checked my service manual and it is definitely low voltage from heater in the rear heated O2 sensor. Check your wiring harness and make sure the connections are good. Make sure the wiring to the O2 sensor hasn't been damaged. If everything looks ok, then replace your O2 sensor. You can get a generic 4-wire O2 sensor off of ebay for about $25. They come with solderless connectors. Use shrink tubing and solder the wires, trust me. When you finish school and buy your first new car, buy a service manual from the dealership. I always buy new cars so I can guarantee that it's been maintained correctly. I also buy a service manual (or talk the dealer into throwing one in). They run over $100, but pay for themselves in no time.
          The O2 sensor that's bad (rear sensor) is under the car on the pipe going out from catalytic converter. The front O2 sensor is attached to the manifold on the front of the engine.
          couldnt have been put any better

Comment

Thanks man tying to survive under loads of papers and finals right now could be for a while till i get a new car because i might move out of the country in a year or so. So gotta drag my Pro till that day comes. In case i buy a new car i will keep your advice in mind. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X