protege 5 funny idle(help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

protege 5 funny idle(help)

i am new to mazdas and i just purchased a 2003 protege 5 for a decent price..i have changed the iacv/map sensor/coils,,the rmp's go up and down and sometimes the car shuts off..the rpms drop down verry low like it wants to shut off at all times but stays on..when i press the gas while takin off,it drives like if i am barely pressin down on the accelerator and then it runs fine from there,,runs perfect on the highway so its basically on take off and when parked/stopped..what can my problem be??

problem #2 . car sometimes wont start on park but it does on neutral all the time..can this be a sensor or something else and where would the sensor be located if its the sensor?

I figured u would find ur way over here lol I gotta actually see the car man, cuz you've replaced everything already.... and sorry but theres not a whole lot of 3rd gen protege guys here, i was one of the few when I had my P5....

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

so far i have changed the iacv/map and i cleaned the maf sensor with maf cleaner..i guess i will try to get another maf and see what happens..any suggestions guys?

Comment

EGR VALVE!!!!!!! common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707 View Post

seconded!!! verry common problem! take it off and clean it

Comment

or get a block off plate if you dont have to worry about emissions.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

dam its funny cuz i was on google and found another thread about the dam egr valve problem..i will take it out and clean it cuz it might be clogged or should i replace it??anything else it could be?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdikk View Post
                dam its funny cuz i was on google and found another thread about the dam egr valve problem..i will take it out and clean it cuz it might be clogged or should i replace it??anything else it could be?
                replace it, cleaning only lasts so long, thats if the cleaning even works. replace it with the canadian revised version too. let me know cauase i could help u get u one if u want to go that route.

Comment

replace it, cleaning only lasts so long, thats if the cleaning even works. replace it with the canadian revised version too. let me know cauase i could help u get u one if u want to go that route.
                  pm sent..

Comment

i will clean out the egr valve today and do a few things.,.hopefully it comes out runnin fine..could it be my iacv or maf?

Comment

mine did the same weird idle thing, cleaning the EGR was the trick to help settle it down.

Welcome, good to see another P5 in the club.
                      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
                      -Dean
                      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
                      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
                      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
                      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
                      Injen CAI - Polished
                      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
                      DaveB trim rings
                      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
                      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
                      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
                      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
                      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
                      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
                      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
                      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanSweetP5 View Post
                        mine did the same weird idle thing, cleaning the EGR was the trick to help settle it down.

Welcome, good to see another P5 in the club.
                        thanx bro..i wish u guys were here in ct so u could give me a hand..lol..i bought the 03 protege 5 for only 3k but with the dam idle so i figured why not fix it and have a nice p5 for cheap..i want it fixed already..lol..i just took out the egr valve and took it apart ..i need to go get some brake cleaner and then reasemble it a little later and see what happens..i will definetly keep every1 posted..any other suggestions?

****i plan on getting a fuel injection cleaner and seafoam for cleaning the entire motor..the guy said that the p5 was parked for a while so its probably just dirty or the gas is old..so i plan to put in atleast 89 octane and see if it will just blow out..

Comment

Working...
                        X