Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mothra View Post
    Hi,

This is nice to know, however, its for a 2002 not a 2000. Is there much difference?

Thanks
    I have no idea. I'm pretty new to these cars. If yours is a 1.8L engine, then yes, it should be the same. Might be the same for the 2.0 also, or at least similar, since as I understand it they're the same family of engines.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar View Post
      Here is the proceedure for the FS-DE engine, according to both the FSM and the Engine Workshop Manual FS:
      Originally posted by pinkshinyalan View Post
      You can get the service manual yourself for free here:
      http://www.floptical.net/mazda/
      Originally posted by mothra View Post
      Hi, This is nice to know, however, its for a 2002 not a 2000. Is there much difference?
      Thanks
      Originally posted by pinkshinyalan View Post
      I have no idea. I'm pretty new to these cars. If yours is a 1.8L engine, then yes, it should be the same. Might be the same for the 2.0 also, or at least similar, since as I understand it they're the same family of engines.
      I referenced the Engine Workshop Manual FS which covers rebuilding the 2.0 L FS-DE engine which was used in 2001-2003 Proteges including the sedan, MP3, and P5. It also covers the FS-DET engine since it's essentially the same.

According to TheMAN, the FS Engine Manual can also be used to rebuild the FP-DE 1.8 L engine since the FP is essentially a destroked version of the FS with all specifications the same except for a few minor differences which do not affect timing belt replacement.

Therefore, the instructions provided in the FS manual for timing belt replacement should be the same for the 1.8 L engine.

For more information about the FS manual, go to:

Happy Motoring!
      Last edited by goldstar; 09-09-2010, 10:09 PM.
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Working...
      X