No heat...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No heat...?

I noticed this morning while going out for coffee that when I turn the temp dial from cold to hot, the air coming out stays cold.

I checked the engine coolant temp sensor (ects)with a scan tool. It read, after a good warm up, 203 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Which leads me to believe that the Thermostat is working properly.
    I think it has something to do with the instrument panel temp selector. It feels like it is attached. Has anyone experienced this type of failure before?
    How does the temp selector operate? Is it electronic or by wire? can it be adjusted?
    Thank you in advance!

Can you locate your heater core hoses? squeeze one side and then squeeze the other. Are they both hot? if not then you may have a plugged heater core. As for the panel question I cannot help you as I've never messed with the panel on a BJ
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

The best I can tell both heater core hoses are hot. I don't know what the problem is? You can be sure I'll figure it out though!

Comment

I figured it out. Wire from temp selector switch to blend door was disconnected.(probably when I fixed my A/C Switch)
        Re-adjusted now the heat is good.

Comment

Working...
        X